- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the Characteristics of the Absorbency Silicone by Super Absorbent Polymers
고흡수성 수지를 이용한 흡수성 실리콘의 특성 연구
- Cha, Gook-Chan (Korea Orthophedics & Rehabilitation Engineering Center (KOREC)) ;
- Song, Jeom-Sik (Korea Orthophedics & Rehabilitation Engineering Center (KOREC)) ;
- Lee, Suk-Min (Korea Orthophedics & Rehabilitation Engineering Center (KOREC))
- Received : 2012.02.29
- Accepted : 2012.05.03
- Published : 2012.06.30
Silicone resin has no water-absorbing function because it is a strong hydrophobic polymer. However, addition of super absorbent polymer gives much better absorbency than that of conventional silicone resin. In this study, we developed novel silicone materials with water-absorbing function by choosing three types of amorphous acrylic super absorbent polymers with different particle sizes, determining the mixing ratio of the three polymers and applying the mixtures into two-component type silicone material for medical purpose. The change in the mechanical properties such as tensile strength, tear strength, compressive strength and hardness was investigated by varying the particle size and content ratio of the added super absorbent polymers while preparing the silicone resins. The absorbency of the silicone resins was measured over time. Additionally, the particle shape of the super absorbent polymers as well as the distribution within the silicone resin was observed using an optical microscope.
Supported by : 보건복지가족부
- R. S. Harland and R. K. Prudhomme, "Polyelectrolyte Gels", American Chemical Society, Washington DC (1992).
- H. Yamasaki et. al., U.S. Pat., 4,497,930 (1985).
- S. Obayashi et. al., U.S. Pat., 4,340,706 (1982).
- P. K. Chatterjee, "Absorbency", Elseveier, New York (1985).
- P. Lepoutre, S. H. Hui, and A. A. Robertson, J. Macromol. Sci. Chem., A10, 691 (1976).
- M. P. Godsay, V. N. Gupta, R. L. Lafond, and D. M. Macdonald, J. Polym. Sci., Part C, 38, 529 (1971).
- H. Omidian, S. A. Hashemi, F. Askari, and S. Nafisi, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 54, 241 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1994.070540210
- P. J. Flory, "Principles of Polymer Chemistry", pp. 584-589, Cornell University Press, 1953.
- A, Holst, Die Angewandle Makromol. Chem., 76, 177 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1002/apmc.1979.050760110
- D. Castel, A. Ricard, and R. Audebert, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 39, 11 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1990.070390102
- J. Pouchly, J. Biros, and S. Benes, Makromol. Chem., 180, 745 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1002/macp.1979.021800318
- C. A. J. Hoeve and S. R. Kakivaya, J. Phys. Chem., 80, 745 (1976). https://doi.org/10.1021/j100548a017
- C. A. J. Hoeve and A. S. Tata, J. Phys. Chem., 82, 1660 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1021/j100503a018
- M. Aizawa and S. Suzuki, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 45, 3031 (1972). https://doi.org/10.1246/bcsj.45.3031
- H. B. Lee, M. S. John, and J. D. Andrade, J. Coll. Interf. Sci., 51, 205 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(75)90100-9
- M. Aizawa and S. Suzuki, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 44, 2967 (1971). https://doi.org/10.1246/bcsj.44.2967
- T. Hatakeyama, H. Yoshida, and H. Hatakeyama, Polymer, 28, 1282 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(87)90438-1
- C. Rodehed and B. Ranby, J. Appl. Polym, Sci., 32, 3309 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1986.070320132
- T, Hori et. al., Text. Res. J., 58, 227 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1177/004051758805800407
- G. S. Haldankar and H. G. Spencer, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 37, 3137 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1989.070371106
- T. Hatakeyama, K. Nakamura, and H. Hatakeyama, Thermochim, Acta, 123, 153 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(88)80018-2