- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of Aging Media and Filler System on Recovery Behaviors of Natural Rubber Composites
노화 매질과 충진 시스템이 천연고무 복합체의 회복 거동에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Sung-Seen (Department of Chemistry, Sejong University) ;
- Kim, Ok-Bae (Department of Chemistry, Sejong University)
- Received : 2012.04.02
- Accepted : 2012.04.27
- Published : 2012.06.30
Difference in recovery behaviors from the circular deformation of natural rubber (NR) composites aged in air and distilled water, respectively were investigated. Recoveries of the samples aged in air were larger than those of the samples aged in distilled water. Recovery rates of the samples reinforced with filler were faster than those of the unreinforced ones. Recovery rates of the carbon black-filled samples were faster than those of the silica-filled ones. Difference in the recovery behaviors according to the aging media can be explained by the crosslinking density changes and the annealing effect.
- B. Erman and J. E. Mark, "Rubber-like elasticity", Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem., 40, 351 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pc.40.100189.002031
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of thermal aging on change of crosslink density and deformation of natural rubber vulcanizates", Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 21, 628 (2000).
- S.-S. Choi, "Change of crosslink density of sulfur-cured NR vulcanizates by thermal aging", Kor. Polym. J., 7, 108 (1999).
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of rubber composition on change of crosslink density of rubber vulcanizates with EV cure system by thermal aging", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 75, 1378 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(20000314)75:11<1378::AID-APP9>3.0.CO;2-I
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of internal strain on change of crosslink density in rubber Vulcanizates", Polym. Int., 50, 107 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0126(200101)50:1<107::AID-PI593>3.0.CO;2-Z
- S.-S. Choi, D.-H. Han, S.-W. Ko, and H. S. Lee, "Thermal aging behaviors of elemental sulfur-free polyisoprene vulcanizates", Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 26, 1853 (2005). https://doi.org/10.5012/bkcs.2005.26.11.1853
- S.-S. Choi, S.-H. Ha, and C.-S. Woo, "Thermal aging behaviors of rubber vulcanizates cured with single and binary cure systems", Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 27, 429 (2006). https://doi.org/10.5012/bkcs.2006.27.3.429
- S.-S. Choi, H.-M. Lee, J.-E. Ko, and M.-C. Kim, "Recovery behaviors of silica-reinforced SBR vulcanizates using circular deformation test", J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 13, 1169 (2007).
- S.-S. Choi and D.-H. Han, "Recovery prediction of thermally aged chloroprene rubber composite using deformation test", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 110, 3560 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.28866
- S.-S. Choi and D.-H. Han, "Comparison of recovery behaviors of thermally aged SBR composite from compressed and circular deformations", Thermochimica Acta, 490, 8 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2009.01.030
- S.-S. Choi and D.-H. Han, "Strain effect on recovery behaviors from circular deformation of natural rubber vulcanizate", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 114, 935 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.30699
- S.-S. Choi, J.-H. Jang, S. B. Lee, W. J. Jang, J. S. Oh, and S.-H. Lee, "Circular deformation as a means of simultaneously evaluating the compressive and tensile strain in vulcanized rubber", J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 15, 641 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2009.09.035
- S.-S. Choi, "Service lifetime prediction of rubber vulcanizate using circular deformation test", Elast. Compos., 44, 116 (2009).
- J.-H. Jang and S.-S. Choi, "Recovery behaviors of NR, SBR and BR vulcanizates from circular deformation", Elast. Compos., 44, 442 (2009).
- J. S. Kim, J. H. Lee, W. S. Jung, J. W. Bae, H. C. Park, and D. P. Kang, "Effects of reinforcing fillers on far-infrared vulcanization characteristics of EPDM", Elast. Compos., 44, 47 (2009).
- S. M. Kim, H. W. Cho, J. W. Kim, and K. J. Kim, "Effects of processing geometry on the mechanical properties and silica dispersion of silica-filled isobutylene-isoprene (IIR) compounds", Elast. Compos., 45, 223 (2010).
- Y. S. Lee, K. S. Hwang, J. C. Lee, T. G. Kim, and K. R. Ha, "Effects of TESPT silane coupling agent on mechanical properties of precipitated silica filled NBR compound for oil seal", Elast. Compos., 46, 45 (2011).
- S.-S. Choi, J. H. Jang, and S.-H. Im, "Influence of aging medium on recovery behaviors of CR/NR composite from circular deformation", Macromol. Res., 18, 358 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13233-010-0415-2
- Effects of thermal aging on degradation mechanism of flame retardant-filled ethylene-propylene-diene termonomer compounds vol.132, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/app.41324
- Influence of microstructure in nitrile polymer on curing characteristics and mechanical properties of carbon black-filled rubber composite for seal applications vol.48, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1177/0095244315613621