- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Air Traffic Situation Variables which Influence the Job Performance of Military Air Traffic Controllers
군관제사의 직무 수행과 항공교통상황 변인의 영향 연구
Sin, Hyon-Sam;Jang, Jung-Ha;Ahn, Jae-Mo
- Received : 2012.02.07
- Accepted : 2012.03.06
- Published : 2012.03.31
The air traffic situation variables were emphasized in this research to review the awareness level of job performance of military air traffic controllers in application of air traffic situation variables such as detection of aircraft identification, type of aircraft, position ,speed, altitude, determination of separation between departing and arriving in-trail aircraft, physical airport conditions, adverse weather conditions, NAVAID outage and ATC facilities' operational status. In this respect, This study was conducted under the auspice of ATC facility operating agencies and devoting air force air traffic controller's participation by answering the questionnaires from nine radar approach control facilities and other air traffic control towers.
Situational Factors;Cognitive Faculty;Cognitive Feature;Air Traffic congestion
- ICAO, "Air Traffic Services", ANNEX11 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, July 2001, pp.1-2.
- 신현삼, "관제사 수행의 인지적 균형과 불균형의 관계고찰", 항공우주법학회지, 제18호, 2003, pp.107.
- D. Van Damme, "Awareness of Human Aspects in Air Traffic Services", Eurocontrol, Mar. 1996, pp.5.
- E. Jeannot, "Situation Awareness Synthesis of Literature Search", Eurocontrol, Dec. 2000, pp.3.
- Dr. K. W. Kallus, Dr. M. Barbarino, Ms D. Van Damme, "Model of the Cognitive Aspects of Air Traffic Control", Eurocontrol, Feb. 1997, pp.29-33.