- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Runway Incursion Risk Assessment Checklist
활주로 침범 위험 분석 체크리스트 개발
- Received : 2012.01.11
- Accepted : 2012.03.12
- Published : 2012.03.31
One major safety issue of surface operations is the occurrence of runway incursions. Runway incursions are the consequence of multiple operational and/or environmental factors. Human error is known to contribute to almost every runway incursion. One major contributing factor for runway incursion is crew's lack of situational awareness during airport surface operations, induced by weather considerations, by complex airport factors or by crew technique itself; it is also caused by ATC issues. Various airport factors may affect pilot situational awareness, distract the crew, or lead to crew confusion. The recommendations to avoid runway incursions are manifold; Proper Crew's CRM/TEM skills, adequate communication technique, proper knowledge of airport surface markings, lights and signs and preparation of preparation of expected taxi out/in routing. Also runway incursion risk assessment on specific airport before flight may lead to aware of risk level and contribute to prevent runway incursion.
- 김 도현, 김 웅이, 최 연철, '활주로침범 위험 요소에 대한 계층적 분석 연구' 한국 항공 경영학회지 제 8권 제 3호, 2010.
- Airbus, 'Flight Operations Briefing Notes', Airbus, 2004.
- Boeing, 'Statistical Summary of Commercial Jet Airplane Accidents 'Worldwide Operation' 1959-2010, 2011.
- Cardosi, K., Falzarano, P., and Han, S., (1999). 'Pilot-Controller Communication Errors: An Analysis of Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) Reports.' Federal Aviation Administration report DOT/FAA/AR-98/17.
- CAST, 'Wrong Runway Departure' 2007.
- EUROCONTROL, 'European Action Plan for the Prevention of Runway Incursions', 2011.
- FAA, 'Annual Runway Safety Report 2010', 2010.
- FAA, 'National Runway Safety Plan (2009-2011)', FAA Air Traffic Organization, 2008.
- FSF, 'Reducing the Risk of Runway Excursions', 2009.
- IBAC, 'Preventing Runway Incursions Best ICAO, Doc4444 PANS-ATM-Air Traffic Management', 1996.Practices on the Flight Research and Development Seminar, 2009.
- Jeppesen, 'Jeppesen Airway Manual', 2011. Deck, 2006.
- Maria P Kuffner & Robert Perkins, 'Human Factors Assessment of Runway Status Lights and Final Approach Runway Occupancy Signal', 8th USA/Europe ATM
- Woods, D. D., Johannesen, L. J., Cook, R. I., & Sarter, N. B., 'Behind human error: Cognitive systems, computers, and hindsight' Wright-Patterson AFB, OH: CSERIAC Program Office.1994.