- Volume 8 Issue 2
New and handoff calls control mechanisms are the key point to wireless cellular networks. In this paper, we present an adaptive algorithm for dynamic channel allocation scheme with guard channels and also with handoff calls waiting queue ensuring that handoff calls take priority over new calls. Our goal is to find better tradeoff between handoffs and new calls blocking probabilities in order to achieve more efficient channel utilization. Simpy is a Python based discrete event simulation system. We use Simpy to build our simulation models to get analytical data.
Cellular Network;Dynamic Guard Channels;Handoff Calls;Simpy
- T.V. Do, "A new computational algorithm for retrial queues to cellular mobile systems with guard channels", Computers & Industrial Engineering (59) 865-872, 2010.
- S. Limm, G. Cao, C. R. Das, "A differential bandwidth reservation policy for multimedia wireless networks", Parallel Processing Workshops, International Conference, pp. 447-452, 2001.
- R.Guerin, "Queueing-blocking system with two arrival streams and guard channels", IEEE Transactions on Communications, 36(2), 153-163, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.2745
- Y. Zhang and D. Liu, "An adaptive algorithm for call admission control in wireless networks", Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference, pp. 3628-3632, 2001.
- T. Rappaport, "Wireless Communications Principles and Practice Second Edition", Prentice Hall, pp.34, 2002.
- B. Li, C. Lin, and S. T. Chanson, "Analysis of a hybrid cutoff priority scheme for multiple classes of traffic in multimedia wireless networks", ACM/Baltzer Wireless Networks Journal, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 279-290, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1019116424411
- H. Heredia-Ureta, F.A. Cruz-Pérez and L. Ortigoza-Guerrero, "Multiple fractional channel reservation for optimum system capcity in multi-service cellular networks", Electronic Letters, vol. 39, pp. 133-134, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20030036
- M. Oliver, J. Borras, "Performance evaluation of variable reservation policies for hand-off prioritization in mobile networks", Infocom'99 Proceedings of IEEE 3, pp. 1187-1194, 1999.
- Xue-Ping Wang, Jian-Li Zheng, Wei Zeng, Gen-Du Zhang, "A probability-based adaptive algorithm for call admission control in wireless network", International Conference on Computer Networks and Mobile Computing, pp. 197-204, 2003.
- Wei YY, Lin C, F.Y. Ren, "Dynamic handoff scheme in differentiated QoS wireless multimedia networks", Computer Communications, vol.27, pp. 1001-1011, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2004.01.008
- M. Salamah, H. Lababidi, "Dynamically adaptive channel reservation scheme for cellular networks", Computer Networks, pp. 787-796, 2005.
- A. Saddoud, L. Fourati Chaari, L. Kamoun, "Adaptive algorithm for Admission Control in wireless networks", Communications and Networking (ComNet), 2010 Second International Conference, pp. 1-6, 2010.
- Walter Willinger, Murad S. Taqqu, Will E. Leland, and Daniel V. Wilson, "Self-similarity in high-speed packet traffic: Analysis and modeling of Ethernet traffic measurements", Statistical Science, 10(1):67--85, 1995 https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177010131
- M. E. Crovella, A. Bestavros, "Self-Similarity in World Wide Web Traffic: Evidence and Possible Causes", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 835-846, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.650143
- P. Ball, "Introduction to Discrete Event Simulation", 2nd DYCOMANS workshop on "Management and Control: Tools in Action" in the Algarve, Portugal, pp. 367-376, 1996.
- E. Babulak, M. Wang, "Discrete Event Simulation: State of the Art", Discrete Event Simulations, Sciyo, pp. 1-9, 2010.
- M. Pidd, "Computer simulation in management science - fourth edition", Wiley, 1998.
- T. Vignaux, K. Muller, B. Helmbold, "The SimPy Manual", http://simpy.sourceforge.net/SimPyDocs/Manual.html, 2007.
- N.S. Matloff, "Introduction to Discrete-Event Simulation and the SimPy Language", 2008
- Yang Cao, Cheul Woo Ro, "Non-Markovian SPN Model for Wireless Networks", Proceeding of ICCC, 2010.