- Volume 11 Issue 2
This paper presents a new mode of expressing a 3D assembly work for creating a 3D CG animation without judgment by human from minimal required information. In the field of manufacturing, there are favorable movements in the utilization of 3D CAD for 3D simulation to shorten lead time for product development and pre-production. But simulating an assembly work has troubles to need huge quantity of manually input data. This paper discusses what minimal necessary information for creating 3D CG animations of assembly works is, focusing on the features of assembly works. Furthermore, a new mode of expressing a 3D assembly work is proposed as "state/change transition diagrams" (SCTD), which express arbitrary scenes in an assembly work as "state" and describe a sequential assembly work with "state" and "change", and the outline of its stepwise generation algorithm is also described. SCTD can be converted to a 3D CG animation of an assembly work without judgment by human. This paper focuses on the creating 3D CG animation of assembly works which workers use only their both hands.
Digital Manufacturing;Concurrent Engineering;Virtual Factory;Auto Creation of 3D CG Animation
- Chen, C. L. P. and Pao, Y. H. (2002), An integration of neural network and rule-based systems for design and planning of mechanical assemblies, Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on, 23(5), 1359-1371.
- Fox, M. S. (1986). Industrial Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Robotics, 2(4), 301-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8493(86)90003-3
- Grieves, M. (2006), Digital Manufacturing in PLM Environments, CIM data, Michigan, U. S. A.
- Molina, A., Ellis T. I., Young, R. I. M., and Bell, R. (1995), Modeling Manufacturing Capability to Support Concurrent Engineering, Concurrent Engineering, 3(1), 29-42. https://doi.org/10.1177/1063293X9500300105
- Niwa, A., Shinoda, S., and Kawase, K. (2009), A Basic Research on Methodology for Verifying Properties of All the Partly-finished Products and the Assembly Tasks before the Final Generation of All the Assembly Sequences-For Single-axis Structure Product Assembly-(in Japanese), Journal of The Society of Plant Engineers Japan, 20(3), 57-64.
- Noguchi, H. (1996). Virtual Factory, The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2000), A Fundamental Study of Listing Alternative Ideas for Designing a Work Process-A Case of Assembly-type Work-(in Japanese), Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 51(4), 321-329.
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2001), The Method of Representing Assembly-type Work by a Series of State/ Change Transition Diagrams in a Matrix Form (in Japanese), Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 52(1), 60-67.
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2002), A Fundamental Study of Constructing a System of Listing Alternative Methods for Designing Assembly-type Work (in Japanese), Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 53(2), 139-149.
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2004), Method for Analysis of Attaching Relationship and Generation of All Assembly Sequence in Assembly Parts.-In the case of assembly parts which have single axis structure- (in Japanese), IE Review, 45(3), 73-80.
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2005a), A Fundamental Study of Method in Designing 3-Dimentional Computer Graphics of Assembly-Type Works, Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Production Research, (CD-R).
- Shinoda, S. and Niwa, A. (2005b), A Proposal of a Method Utilizing 3-DCG for Assembly-Type Works from the Viewpoint of an Essential Transformation (in Japanese), Journal of The Society of Plant Engineers Japan, 17(2), 91-97.
- Shinoda, S., Shimozawa, K., Niwa, A., Kawase, K., Matsumoto, T., and Mizumachi, T. (2009), A Proposal for Prototype-free Production Preparation Processes Utilizing 3DCG Animations, The Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, 8(2), 109-120.
- Tsuboi, K., Matsumoto, T., Shinoda, S., and Niwa, A. (2007), A Basic Study for Producing Good Assembly Sequences by the Tournament Tree, Proceedings of the 8th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management System and 2007 Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineering Conference, Paper ID.179.
- Tsuboi, K., Matsumoto, T., Shinoda, S., and Niwa, A. (2011), A Proposal for Generating Good Assembly Sequences by Tournament Tree, The Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, 10 (3), 209-220. https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2011.10.3.209
- Yin, Z.-P. (2004), A virtual prototyping approach to generation and evaluation of mechanical assembly sequences, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B. Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 80-85.