- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Characteristics of Fabrics and Subjective Sensory Images on the Off-line and On-line Preferences of Women's Suit Fabrics
- Received : 2012.04.01
- Accepted : 2012.05.17
- Published : 2012.06.30
This research investigated the influences of structural characteristics such as fabrics, mechanical properties, and subjective sensory images on the off-line and on-line preferences to women's spring/summer suits fabrics to extract the most effective factor towards preference as well as analyze the preferential off-line and on-line differences to predict the exact texture image on-line. Objective evaluations were done for the measurement of the mechanical properties of fabrics using Kawabata's Evaluation System and subjective evaluations were done with 109 female subjects who value the off-line and on-line sensory image of suit fabrics. For statistical analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis, t-test, ANOVA, and regression were used. The results were as follows. The preference scores on-line were generally higher than those off-line. For the structural characteristics of fabrics, differences of thickness were observed according to preference clusters, and the preference increased as thickness was lowered off-line and on-line. For mechanical properties, WC influenced off-line and on-line preferences. Fabrics with low compression energy were preferred; however, the effect of SMD was observed off-line only. In subjective sensory images, the 'smoothness' image influenced off-line and on-line preferences the most. All sensory images influenced the off-line preferences; however, the effects of 'flexibility' and 'weight' were not shown on-line.
structure of fabric;mechanical property;subjective sensory image;off-line;on-line
- Bae, H., & Kim, E. (2003). Texture Image and Preference of Men's Wool/Wool blend Suit Fabrics, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(1), 1318-1329.
- Cho, Y., Lim, S., & Lee, S. (2001). Apparel purchase behavior among internet shoppers-Focusing on perceived risks-, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(7), 1247-1257.
- Han, E. & Kim, E. (2006). Classification of Textural Descriptors for Establishing Texture Naming System (TNS) of Fabrics-Textural Descriptions of Women's Suits Fabrics for Fall/Winter Seasons-, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30 (5), 699-710.
- Ju, J., & Ryu, H. (2004). Preference of S/S men's suit fabrics according to gender and groups, Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 13(4), 609-616.
- Kim, C. & Na, Y. (1999). A Study on Image Scale of the Hand and Sensibility of Silk Woven Fabrics-for Necktie fabric-, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 23(6), 898-908.
- Kim, S. & Choi, H. (2002). A Study of the Usage and Sizing Selecting of the Apparels listed in On-line and Catalog Shopping, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 26(7), 1015-1025.
- Kim, H. & Cho, S. (2004). The Comparison of Fabric Image between On-line and Off-line by Fabric Types and Characteristics, Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 13(5), 787-798.
- Kim, H. & Cho, S. (2007). The Comparison of Subjective Evaluation of Hand between On-line and Off-line by Structure and Sensibilities of Fabric, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.1.001
- Ko, S., Yoo, S. & Kim, E. (2003). DB for the Structural Characteristics, Images and Sensibilities of Fabrics - Effects of the Structural Characteristics On the Texture Images of Woolen Fabrics-, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(5), 533-544.
- Kweon, S., Lee, E. & Choi, J. (2004). A Comparative Study on the Subjective Fabric Hand According to Gender for Winter Sleepwear Fabrics, Fibers and Polymers, 5(1), 6-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02875488
- Lee, K. & Park, J. (2004). Criteria of Evaluating Clothing and Web Service on Purchase Experience, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(5), 603-614.
- Roh, E. & Ryu, H. (2005). Visual Texture Image and Preference of Men's suit Fabrics, Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion and Sensibility, 8(2), 117-128.
- Roh, E. & Ryu, H. (2007). Structural Equation Model (SEM) for Constituent Characteristics, Texture, Sensibility and Preference of Fabric (Part 1)-Weight of F/W Women's Jacket Fabrics-, Journal of the Korean Society Clothing and Textiles, 31(8), 1240-1251. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.8.1240
- Ryu, H., Kim, E., Kim, J., Lee, M., Oh, K. & Yoo, S. (2002). Subjective Hand and Preference of Men's SpringSummer Suit Fabrics, Proceeding of the 2002 Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Conference, 561-561.
- Development of Nutrition Education Contents for Pregnant Women Based on Effective Communication Strategies vol.22, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2017.22.2.115