- Volume 40 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Priorities of Quality Dimensions for the Quality Competitive Advantage
품질경쟁력 향상을 위한 품질요소의 상대적 중요도 연구
- Kim, Sung-Hong (School of Business, Chungbuk National University)
- 김성홍 (충북대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2012.03.06
- Accepted : 2012.04.05
- Published : 2012.06.30
The objective of this study is to identify the critical dimensions of comprehensive quality and to prioritize them for improvement of the quality competitive advantage. The critical dimensions, sub-dimensions and measurement items of comprehensive quality were abstracted from literature of quality, and constructed a model of hierarchical structure. 115 experts in four groups(supplier, buyer, consultant, and professor) were participated in pair-wise comparison of quality dimensions, but some of these responses were removed because the overall consistency of evaluator judgements exceed the acceptable ratio of 0.10. The priorities of quality dimensions for industrial and consumption goods were calculated respectively using the analytic hierarchy process(AHP) approach. As a result, product quality had the highest weight of 0.65, followed by support quality(0.18) and service quality(0.17) for industrial goods while product quality also had the highest weight of 0.62, but service quality(0.22) was preferred over support quality(0.16) for consumption goods.
Supported by : 충북대학교
- 김종훈, 송광석, 유한주(2011), "6 시그마를 활용한 서비스품질 평가에 관한 연구", 품질경영학회지, 39 권, 4호, pp. 527-542.
- 유한주(2004), "한국 서비스기업의 TQM 활동 효율성에 관한 연구", 품질경영학회지, 32권 4호, pp. 92-102.
- 최자영, 박주영(2007), "B2B 산업재 거래에서 서비스 품질 측정과 충성도와의 관계", 품질경영학회지, 35권 1호, pp. 124-135.
- Aguarón, J. and Moreno-Kimenez, J. M.(2003), "The geometric consistency index: Approximated thresholds", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 147, pp. 137-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00255-2
- Araujo, L. and Spring, M.(2006), "Services, products, and the institutional structure of production", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 35, pp. 797-805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2006.05.013
- Archer, N. P. and Wesolowsky, G. O.(1996), "Consumer response to service and product quality: A study of motor vehicle owners", Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 14, pp. 103-118. https://doi.org/10.1016/0272-6963(95)00045-3
- Brady, M. K. and Cronin, J. J.(2001), "Some New Thoughts on Conceptualizing Perceived Service Quality : A Hierarchical Approach", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 65, July, pp. 34-49. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.188.8.131.5234
- Cater, T. and Cater, B.(2010), "Product and relationship quality influence on customer commitment and loyalty in B2B manufacturing relationships", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol, 39, pp. 1321-1333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2010.02.006
- Davies, A., Brady, T. and Hobday, M.(2007), "Organizing for solutions: Systems seller vs. systems integrator", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 36, pp. 183-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2006.04.009
- Dond, Y., Zhang, G., Hong, W. and Xu, Y.(2010), "Consensus models for AHP group decision making under row geometric mean prioritization method", Decision Support Systems, Vol. 49, pp. 281-289. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2010.03.003
- Eduardo, T. M., Arturo, Z. V. P. and Forge, Z. G.(2008), "Customer satisfaction and loyalty: Start with the product, culminate with the brand", Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 302-313. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760810890534
- Flynn, B. B., Schroeder, R. G. and Sakakibara, S.(1995), "The impact of quality management practices on performance and competitive advantage", Decision Sciences, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 659-692. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1995.tb01445.x
- Frambach, R. T., Wels-Lips, I. and Gündlach, A.(1997), "Proactive Product Service Strategies: An Application in the European Health Market", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 26, pp. 341-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(96)00122-8
- Gaiardelli, P., Saccani, N. and Songini, L.(2007), "Performance measurement of the after-sales service network-Evidence from the automotive industry", Computers in Industry, Vol. 58, pp. 698-708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2007.05.008
- Garvin, D. A.(1984), "Product Quality: An Important Strategic Weapon", Business Horizons, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 40-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(84)90024-7
- Garvin, D. A.(1987), "Competing on the eight dimensions of quality", Harvard Business Review, Nov.-Dec., pp. 101-109.
- Gebauer, H.(2008), "Identifying service strategies in product manufacturing companies by exploring environment-strategy configurations", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 278-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.05.018
- Hansen, E. and Bush, R. J.(1999), "Understanding Customer Quality Requirements : Model and Application", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 28, pp. 119-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(98)00007-8
- Helander, A. and Möller, K.(2007), "System supplier's customer strategy", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 36, pp. 719-730. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2006.05.007
- Jacob, F. and Ulaga, W.(2008), "The transition from product to service in business markets: An agenda for academic inquiry", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 247-253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.09.009
- Johansson, P. and Olhager, J.(2006), "Linking product- process matrices for manufacturing and industrial service operations", International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 104, pp. 615-624. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2005.12.008
- Johnstome, S., Dainty, A. and Wilkinson, A.(2008), "In search of 'product-service': evidence from aerospace, construction, and engineering", The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 861-875. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642060801990429
- Kim, S. H., Cohen, M. A. and Netessine, S.(2007), "Performance Contracting in After- Sales Service Supply Chains", Management Science, Vol. 53, No. 12, pp. 1843-1858. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.1070.0741
- Lakhal, L. and Pasin, F.(2008), "The direct and indirect impact of product quality on financial performance : A causal model", Total Quality Management, Vol. 19, No. 10, pp. 1087-1099. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360802264293
- Lemmink, J. and Kasper, H.(1994), "Competitive Reactions to Product Quality Improvements in Industrial Markets", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 28, No. 12, pp. 50-68.
- Mathe, H. and Shapiro, R. D.(1993), Integrating Service Strategy in the Manufacturing Company, Chapman and hall, London.
- Matthyssens, P. and Vadenbempt, K.(2008), "Moving from basic offerings to value-added solutions: Strategies, barriers and alignment", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 316-328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.07.008
- Murthy, D. N. P. and Kumar, K. R.(2000), "Total product quality", International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 67, pp. 253-267. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5273(00)00026-8
- Penttinen, E. and Palmer, J.(2007), "Improving firm positioning through enhanced offerings and buyer- seller relationships", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 36, pp. 552-564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2006.02.005
- Saaty, T. L. and Shang, J. S.(2007), "Group decision- making: Head-count versus intensity of preference", Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Vol. 41, pp. 22-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seps.2005.10.001
- Saccani, N., Johansson, P. and Perona, M.(2007), "Configuring the after-sales service supply chain: A multiple case study", International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 110, pp. 52-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2007.02.009
- Shetty, Y. K.(1987), "Product Quality and Competitive Strategy", Business Horizons, May-Hune, pp. 46-52.
- Simon, L. S.(1965), "Measuring the Market Impact of Technical Services", Journal of Marketing Research, February, pp. 32-39.
- Stremersch, S., Wuyts, S. and Frambach, R. T.(2001), "The Purchasing of Full-Service Contracts : An Exploratory Study within the Industrial Maintenance Market", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 30, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(99)00090-5
- Waller, M. A. and Ahire, S.(1996), "Management perception of the link between product quality and customers' view of product quality", International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 16, No. 9, pp. 23-33.
- Yu, H. and Fang, W.(2009), "Relative impacts from product quality, service quality, and experience quality on customer perceived value and intention to shop for the coffee shop market", Total Quality Management, Vol. 20, No. 11, pp. 1273-1285. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360802351587
- Yuen, E. F. T. and Chan, S. S. L.(2010), "The effect of retail service quality and product quality on customer loyalty", Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, Vol. 17, pp. 222-240. https://doi.org/10.1057/dbm.2010.13