- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of Shape Parameter of Land-based OWC Wave Energy Converter
고정식 진동 수주형 파력 발전기(OWC) 형상 파라미터의 실험 연구
Koo, Weon-Cheol;Kwon, Jin-Sung;Kim, Jun-Dong;Kim, Sung-Jae;Kim, Min-Woo;Choi, Mun-Kwan
- Received : 2012.03.12
- Accepted : 2012.06.21
- Published : 2012.06.30
The aim of this experimental study was to analyze the effect of the shape parameters and chamber pressure of a land-based oscillating water column (OWC) in regular incident waves. The magnitude of the free surface elevations inside the chamber was measured in a two-dimensional wave tank for various chamber skirt drafts and bottom slope angles. The surface elevations were also measured under both open chamber and partially open chamber conditions. From these measurements, the optimum shape of the OWC device could be predicted for the maximum wave energy conversion efficiency. It was found that the resonance frequency of the OWC system associated with incident waves moved toward the long wave region with increments of the draft of the chamber skirt and bottom slope. The behavior of the free surface elevation inside the chamber was also found to be dependent on the chamber pressure.
Oscillating water column (OWC);Wave energy converter;Chamber pressure;Water surface elevation;Wave tank experiment
- 경조현, 홍사영, 홍도천 (2006). "진동수주형 파력발전기의 에너지 흡수효율 해석", 한국해양공학회지 제20권, 제4호, pp 64-69.
- 구원철, 김무현, 최윤락 (2010). "고정식 진동수주형 파력 발전장치의 챔버 유동 및 파에너지 변환효율 해석", 대한조선학회논문집, 제47권, 제3호, pp 388-397.
- 김성근, 박노식, 박인규 (1996). "고정식 진동수주형 파력발전기에 관한 실험적 연구" 한국해양공학회지, 제10권, 제2호, pp 136-145.
- Kim, S., Ryu, W., Shin, S. and Hong, K.(2009). "The Efficiency of the OWC Wave Energy Converter Based on Experiments." Proc. of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Geoje, pp 143-146.
- Masuda Y. and Miyazaki, T. (1979), "Wave Power Electric Generation Study in Japan", Proc. of Wave and Tidal Energy Symposium, British Hydrodynamics Research Associates, Paper C.
- Washio, Y., Osawa, H., Nagata, Y., Furuyama, H. and Fujita, T. (2000). "The Offshore Floating Type Wave Power Device 'Might Whale' Open Sea Test", Proc. of the 10th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conf., Vol 1, ISOPE, Seattle, USA, pp 373-380.
- Investigation of Characteristics of Waves Generated in Two-Dimensional Wave Channel vol.27, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.4.068
- Performance Evaluation of an Axisymmetric Floating Wave Power Device with an Oscillating Water Column in the Vertical Cylinder vol.30, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2018.30.1.29
Supported by : 한국연구재단