- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Parametric Study on Explosion Impact Response Characteristics of Offshore Installation's Corrugated Blast Wall
해양플랜트 설비 Corrugated Blast Wall의 폭발 충격응답 인자 특성에 관한 파라메트릭 연구
- Received : 2012.03.19
- Accepted : 2012.04.27
- Published : 2012.06.30
More than 70% of the accidents that occur on offshore installations stem from hydrocarbon explosions and fires, which, because they involve blast effects and heat, are extremely hazardous and have serious consequences in terms of human health, structural safety, and the surrounding environment. Blast barriers are integral structures in a typical offshore topside module to protect personnel and safety critical equipment by preventing the escalation of events caused by hydrocarbon explosions. Many researchers have shown the adequacy of the simple design tool commonly used by the offshore industry for the analysis and design of blast walls. However, limited information is available for corrugated blast wall design with explosion impact response characteristics. Therefore, this paper presents a parametric study on the explosion impact response characteristics of an offshore installation's stainless steel corrugated blast wall. This paperalso investigates and recommends design parameters for the structural design of a corrugated blast wall based on a nonlinear structural analysis of experiential results.
Explosion;Corrugated blast wall;Impact response characteristics
- 이상갑, 정정훈 (2002). "수중폭발 충격응답 시뮬레이션 기술현황 및 발전방향", 대한조선학회논문집, 제39권, 제2호, pp 83-89.
- 이나현, 김성배, 김장호, 조윤구 (2009). "폭발하중을 받는 콘크리트 구조물의 실험적 거동분석 : (II) 초고강도 콘크리트 및 RPC 슬래브의 실험결과", 대한토목학회논문집, 제29권, 제 5A호, pp 565-575.
- 정준모, 심천식, 김경수 (2011). "조선 해양 구조물용 강재의 소성 및 파단 특성 I: 변형률 경화 및 변형률 속도 경화의 이론적 배경", 한국해양공학회지, 제25권, 제3호, pp 134-144.
- ANSYS/LS-DYNA (2011). User's manual (version 12.0), ANSYS Inc., Pennsylvania.
- Chung K., Yuen S. and Nurick G.N. (2005). "Experimental and Numerical Studies on The Response of Quadrangular Stiffened Plates. Part I: Subjected to Uniform Blast Load", International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol 31, No 1, pp 55-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2003.09.048
- Fire and Blast Information Group (FABIG) (1999). Design Guide for Stainless Steel Blast Walls: Technical Note 5, The Steel Construction Institute, UK.
- Health and Safety Executive (2003). Pulse pressure testing of 1/4 scale blast wall panels with connections, HSE Research Report 124, London.
- Jones, N. (1989). Structural impact, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Health and Safety Executive (2006). Pulse pressure testing of 1/4 scale blast wall panels with connection (Phase II), HSE Research Report 404, London.
- Langdon G.S. and Schleyer G.K. (2004), "Unusual Strain Rate Sensitive Behaviour of AISI 316L Austenitic Stainless Steel", Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design, Vol 39, No 1, pp 71-86. https://doi.org/10.1177/030932470403900106
- Lee, S.G. and Kim, M.S. (1999). "Development of Structural Analysis System of Bow Flare Structures-prediction of Wave Impact Load Calculation", Journal of the society of naval architecture of Korea, Vol 36, No 4, pp 77-86.
- Paik J.K. and Czujko J. (2010). Explosion and fire engineering of FPSOs (phase II): definition of fire and gas explosion design loads, Ship and Offshore Research Institute of Pusan National University, Final Report No. EFEF-03-R2.
- Paik, J.K. and Shin, Y.S. (2006). "Structural Damage and Strength Criteria for sHip Stiffened Panels Under Impact Pressure Actions Arising from Sloshing, Slamming and Green Water Loading", Ships and Offshore Structures, Vol 1, No 3, pp 249-256. https://doi.org/10.1533/saos.2006.0109
- Paik, J.K. and Thayamballi, A.K. (2007). Ship-shaped offshore installations: Design, building, and operation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Selby, C.A. and Burgan, B.A. (1998). Joint Industry Project on Blast and Fire Engineering for Topside Structures Phase 2, The Steel Construction Institute, UK.
Supported by : 부산대학교