- Volume 11 Issue 4
This paper presents the results of a study of the effectiveness of cathodic protection with insoluble ICCP anode in reinforced concrete structures. Experimental tests were carried out on reinforced concrete specimens with 3 different commercial anodes for ICCP system in order to compare the effectiveness of cathodic protection. Results have shown that the kinds of anode for ICCP is irrelevant to the effectiveness of cathodic protection, In case of ICCP, the performance of cathodic protection has no relationship to the kinds of anode especially in concrete specimens with sea water condition. It has been found slightly more effective at Ti-Rod anode in fresh water condition and Ti-Mesh anode in atmospheric condition.
ICCP;insoluble anode;depolarization;resistivity;reinforced concrete
- S. J. Kim and S. J. Lee, Corros. Sci. Tech. 10, 101 (2011).
- NACE Standard, RP290 (2000).
- J. P. Broomfield, Corrosion of Steel in Concrete, 2nd ed., 178 (2007).
- B. E. Bennet and J. P. Broomfield, Mater Perform, 36, 12 (1997).
- D. A. Jones, Principles and Prevention of Corrosion, 2nd ed., p. 442, Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1996).
- L. Bertolini, M. Carsana, and P. Pedeferri, Corros. Sci., 49, 1506 (2007).
- K. Zakowski and W. Sokolski, Corros. Sci., 41, 2213 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(99)00041-4
- P. C. S. Hayfield and M. A. Warne, Construct Build Mater., 3, 152 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1016/0950-0618(89)90007-X
- H. McArthur, S. D'Arch, and J. Barker, Construct Build Mater., 7, 85 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1016/0950-0618(93)90037-D
- C. Christodoulou, G. Glass, J. Webb, S. Austin, and C. Goodier, Corros. Sci., 52, 2671 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2010.04.018
- S. H. Park, J. S. Kim, M. S. Han, and S. J. Kim, Trans. of Nonferrous Metals Soc. of China, 19, 898 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(08)60373-8
- L. Bertolini, M. Gastaldi, M. Pedeferri, and E. Redaelli, Corro. Sci., 44, 1497 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(01)00168-8