- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis Study on Family and Socio-environmental Factors of Adolescents' School Dropout
청소년 학업중단의 가족 및 사회환경적 요인 분석 연구
- Son, Chung-Ki (Dept. of Education, Wonkwang University) ;
- Bae, Eun-Ja (Dept. of Education, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Young-Tae (Dept. of Education, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2012.03.27
- Accepted : 2012.06.07
- Published : 2012.06.30
The purpose of this study is to examine what is the path that family and socio-environmental factors of adolescents lead to school dropout called educational crisis behavior. To investigate these research problems, the path was analyzed on the basis of the related data and variations after interview with 120 crisis adolescents in 'J Youth Counseling Center' in Jeon-ju City. By the results of this analysis, the family ties as a familial factor and the deviation friends as a socio-environmental factor had an effect on adolescents' school dropout behavior. These results indicate the need to reform the interpersonal relationship in family and school friends for preventing and solving the adolescents' crisis behavior such as school dropout behavior.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Keum, M. J., Kwon, H. S., Lee, J. Y., & Lee, H. W., Youth Counseling Program for Unification Studies, Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institute, pp. 1-106, 2004.
- Yang, K. S., A Study on the Characteristics of the Protective Factors for School Dropout Adole scents' School Resilience, Graduate School, Catholic University, Master's Thesis, 2001.
- Jang, S. J., A Relationship Psychological Growth Environment, Resilience of Adjustment and Characteristics of Juvenile Delinquency Tendencies, Graduate School, Wonkwang University, Master's Thesis, 2003.
- Jeong, S. W., A Study on attachment style and peer relationship of adolescents in out-of-home care VS adolescents in their home, Korean Association for Social Welfare Studies, Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, 24, pp. 149-172, 2002.
- Min, W. H., A study of recidivism among adolescents during two years of probation, Graduate School, Seoul National University, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Yee, S. Y., Assessment and Intervention Strategies in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Depression, Korean Academy of Social Welfare, Korean Journal of Family Welfare, 4, pp. 189-218, 1999.
- O, S. H., A Comparative Study on Determinants of Adolescents' Adaptation in Broken Family, Korean Association for Social Welfare Studies, Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, 17(1), pp. 99-125, 2001.
- Cho, S. Y., Lee, M. R., & Park, E. M., The School-Dropout Adolescent, The Korean Association of Child Studies, 30(6), pp. 391-403, 2009.
- The Commission on Youth Protection., Crisis(possibly) Youth Support model Development, Seoul: The Commission on Youth Protection, 2005.
- Lee, S. M., Gender Differences of Delinquent Processes across Developmental Stage, Korean Sociological Association, Korean Journal of Sociology, 39(4), pp. 162-197, 2005.
- Koo, B. Y., Crisis(possibly) Youth Support model Development, Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institute, pp. 79-80, 2005.
- Bae, Y. T., Causal model of middle/high school students' dropout and development of discriminant measurement tool, Graduate School, Catholic University of Daegu, Ph.D Thesis, 2003.
- Khu, B. Y., & Yoo, J. M., The neural network model of risk and protective factors on school drop out, Korean Health Psychological Association, Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 8(1), pp. 133-146, 2003.
- Yun, Y. K., Park, C. N., Jeon, B. Y., & Jin, M. S., Survey on school dropout youth and alternative education, Seoul: Korea Educational Development Institute, 2002.
- Lee, S. Y., & Nam, S. I., Dropout study of the social adaptation policy development consultation, Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institute, 1997.
- Keum, M. J., Korean society and educational achievement: The flipside of achievement-delinquency among Korean adolescents : Comprehensive Understanding about Drop-Out Adolescents in Korea, Korean Health Psychological Association, Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, 14(1), pp. 299-317, 2008.
- Relationships between Health Behaviors, Mental Health and Internet Addiction by Gender Differences among Korean Adolescents vol.14, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1283