- Volume 28 Issue 1
Recently the Korean government provided forest recreation areas through developing evaluation index of rural areas amenity resources, forest therapy and recreational forest for revitalization of rural areas and national health promotion. However, what the public wants is just one place which includes all recreational facilities. GRAT tourism means Green, Rest and Therapy-Tourism. It is a new concept of recreational forests. This study defines GRAT-Tourism, the new concept of recreational activity and discusses the development of the GRAT-Tourism Evaluation Index.
recreational forest;therapy;rest tourism;green;evaluation index
- Ji KB 2007. A Study on Forest Therapy Quarters in Gangwon Province. Research Institute for Gangwon, Gangwon, Chuncheon, pp 18-23.
- Jo YB. 2010. A study on the development of suitable locations evaluation model and therapy type to therapeutic forests. PhD thesis. Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. (in Korean)
- Jung UC. 2003. A Study on Strategies of Green Tourism Needed for Rural Area Renovation. Major Course in General Administration. The Graduate School of Public Administration Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. pp 1.
- Kim BS, Lee JH. 1997. A Survey of Urban and Rural Residents' Opinions about the Development of Green Tourism. J Kor Dev Ass 12: 183-199.
- Kim SY. 2006. Department of Landscape Architecture Graduate School of Chonbuk National University. Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, pp 43.
- Kim WJ. 2003. Study of Methods for Vitalizing Gangwondo Green Tourism. Hankyong National University. Anseong, pp 8-11.
- Park JH. 2006. A Study on Green-Tourism Marketing Strategy. Major in Business Administration Graduate School of Business Administration Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, pp 2.
- Park KY. 2004. A study on the operations and realities of green tourism. Ph.D. Program in Livestock Business Management Graduate School of Konkuk University, Seoul, pp 16-20.
- The Province of Gangwon. 2008. Development Silence Indicators and Survey Method. Research Institute for Gangwon, Chuncheon, pp 25.