- Volume 28 Issue 1
The total yield of Pinus koraiensis stands was reviewed along forest function by using goal programming, which is one of the operations research techniques. The 4 kinds of management goals are set to identify timber production in the Research Forest of Kangwon National University. As a result, scenario 1 was estimated the best timber production over 2,073 ha area and also 588 ha in the third quarter was showed the most timber harvest. The rate of timber harvest was separated by 10 to 50 percent in non-timber forest function in the scenario 1 and that model was applied to the Research Forest of Kangwon National University. The structure of the area and volume is showed to be balanced quarterly when rate of timber harvest at 10 to 20 percent.
goal programming;forest functions;Pinus koraiensis;timber harvesting;forest management
- Carey AB, Lippke BR, Sessions J. 1999. Intentional Systems man- Agement: Managing Forests for Biodiversity. Journal of Sustainable Forestry 9: 83-125. https://doi.org/10.1300/J091v09n03_05
- Checkland P. 1999. Systems Thinking, Systems Practice. John Wiley and Sons, New York, pp 330.
- Choi JK. 1998. Simulation of the development and restoration of old-growth Northern Hardwood forest. PhD dissertation. University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA.
- Hunter ML Jr. 1990. A tree based forest yield projection system for the North Coast Region of California. PhD dissertation. University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Jang KM, Won HK, Seol AR, Chung JS. 2009. A Case Study for Applying Linear Programming to Analyze the Effects of the Desired Future Conditions for Forest Functions on Forest Management. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 98: 247-254.
- Kwon SD, Jang KM, Seol AR, Chung JS. 2008. Evaluation of Forest Functions Considering the Distribution Patterns of Communal Forests at the Watershed Level. J Kor For Soc 97: 71-76.
- Kwon SD, Kim HH, Chung JS. 2007. Estimation of Merchantable Volume and Yield Using a Stem Shape Simulation. J Kor For Soc 96: 362-368.
- Lee WK, Dokko SJ, Woo HB. 1998. Development Forest Information Analysis System (FIAS1.5) for location-dependent forest inventory. J Kor Soc For Measurements 1: 37-49.
- McCarter JB, Wilson JS, Baker PJ, Moffett JL, Oliver CD. 1998. Landscape Management through Integration of Existing Tools and Emerging Technologies. Journal of Forestry 96: 17-23.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. 2007. Development of Integrated Management System for Sustainable Forest Resources Management. Goyang, pp 24-32.
- Oliver CD. 1999. The Future of the Forest Management Industry: Highly Mechanized Plantations and Reserves or a Knowledge-Intensive Integrated Approach? Forestry Chronicle 75: 229-245. https://doi.org/10.5558/tfc75229-2
- Park ES, Chung SJ. 1999. Application of Forest Management for Multipurpose Forest Management Plan. J Kor For Soc 88: 273-281.
- Shin MY, Han WS. 2006. Development of a Forest Inventory System for the Sustainable Forest Management. J Kor For Soc 95: 370-377.
- Won HK, Kim YH, Kwon SD. 2009. Estimation of Optimal Harvest Volume for the Long-term Forest Management Planning using GP. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 98: 125-131.
- Woo JC. 1999. Construction Information System for Forest Resource Management Plan in Research forest of Kangwon National University: The 6th Centered with Computerized Forest Management. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, pp 1031-1057.