- Volume 28 Issue 1
The research on urban forests in Chuncheon, so far, has mainly conducted in Ponguisan urban forest. Research on other urban forests in Chuncheon was scarce. Accordingly, in this study, the author chose the main urban forests in Chuncheon and tried to find a way of efficient establishment and management of urban forests in Chuncheon by field and questionnaire survey. The research findings, there were several reasons why effective management can not be implemented in the main urban forests in Chuncheon. To solve these problems and make an efficient establishment and management of urban forests in Chuncheon, the first way is to make forest management plans on the urban forest in Chuncheon and expand administrative organization, personnel and budget. Establishment and management of urban forests needs a practical, strengthened overall management system. The second way is to enhance the regional and functional characteristics for urban forest, expand the area of urban forests, and enhance management of Street trees. The third way is to designate Urban Nature Park or Urban Park for the main urban forests in Chuncheon and need to change the ownership of the urban forests by purchasing. The fourth way is to respond to Chuncheon citizen's preference and their way of utilization when create the urban forests in Chuncheon, expand convenience facilities, relaxation facilities as well.
Chuncheon;urban forests;management status;civic consciousness
- Choi IH, Kwak WJ, Choi YR, Hong JY, Woo JC. 2001. A Study on the Visitors' Behavioral Patterns of Ponguisan City Park. Ponguisan White Paper.
- Choi IH, Woo JC. 2002. A Study on the Effective Management System of Ponguisan Urban Forest. Ponguisan White Paper.
- Chuncheon City Hall. 2011. Department of Construction.
- Chuncheon City Hall. 2011. Department of Landscape.
- Chuncheon City Hall. 2011. Department of Forest.
- Han SS, Choi IH, Park WG. 2003. A Study on the Expansion and Establishment of the Green Zone.
- Jo HK. 2003. A study on the Effective Establishment of Ponguisan City Park. Ponguisan White Paper.
- Korea Forest Service. 2008. Master Plan of Urban Forests.
- Korea Forest Service. 2010. The Current Status of Whole Country Urban Forests.
- National Statistical Office. 2011. The Total Aggregate Results of Census in 2010 (population division).
- Yu JC. 2002. The Current Status and Actual State of Ponguisan Cultural Heritage. Ponguisan White Paper.
- 1. The Vegetation, Soil Characteristics, and Soil Microarthropods of Maebongsan Urban Forest in Cheongju-si, Korea vol.19, pp.6, 2016, doi:10.7747/JFS.2012.28.1.046