- Volume 28 Issue 2
A Gangwon region consisting of over 80% of forest area has industries that have been developed by utilizing its clean region image. However, the recent climate change has increased the forest disease & insect pest as well as the forest fire and the major cause is known to be the increase in the frequency of a drought occurrence. From the aspect of climate change, it can be said that drought and forest are important in every aspect of the adaptation and mitigation of climate change measure as they increase forest disease & insect pest that leads to desolation of usable forest resource. In addition, the increase of forest fire reduces resources that can absorb greenhouse gas, which leads to increase in green house emission. The purpose of this study is to provide a motive for concentrating administrative power for protecting forest in a Gangwon region by selecting a drought management needed local government through a drought forecast according to the climate change scenario of a Gangwon region.
forecast of drought;forest;climate change;SPI
- DAI Portal. 2012. http://loki.qc.ec.gc.ca/DAI. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
- Dracup JA, Lee KS, Paulson EG Jr. 1980. On the Definition of Drought. J of Climate and Applied Meteorology 23: 1100- 1109.
- IPCC. 2007. Climate Change 2007, Synthesis report.
- Lee S. 2012. Extreme Drought and Sustainable Water Resources on Climate Change. (in Korean)
- McKee TB, Doesken NJ, Kleist J. 1993. The Relationship Of Drought Frequency And Duration To Timescale, Proc. of 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, 17-22 January. Anaheim, CA, pp 179-184.
- McKee TB, Doesken NJ, Kleist J. 1995. Drought Monitoring with Multiple Time Scale, Proc. of 9th Conference on Applied Climatology, 15-20 January, Dallas, TX, pp 233-236.
- National Disaster Management Institute. 2002. A Study on the Analysis of Drought Damage. (in Korean)
- Palmer WC. 1965. Meteorological Drought. Research Paper No. 45. U.S. Weather Bureau.
- Wilby RL, Dawson CW, Barrow EM. 2007. SDSM 4.2 - A Decision Support Tool for the Assessment of Regional Climate Change Impacts.
- Won MS. 2012. Changes in the Probability of Forest Fires on Climate Change, J of Sanrim, No. 3, National Forestry Cooperative Federation, pp 72-75. (in Korean)
- Yoon TH. 1999. Advanced Hydrology, Cheongmungak. (in Korean)