- Volume 28 Issue 2
This study was conducted from February 2005 to October 2007 to investigate bird distribution at three types of forest (mixed, broadleaf and coniferous) in Gwangneung forest. As a result, more birds used mixed forests than broodleaf and coniferous forest. During forest was opened to public, more birds also frequently used mixed forests. When forest was closed to public, there was no preference among three forest types. We also compared the number of species and individuals between open and restricted area. More species and individuals used restricted area.
bird distribution;forest types;Gwangneung forest
- Bibby CJ, Burgess ND, Hill DA. 1997. Bird census techniqucs. Academic Press, London.
- Crawford HS, Hopper RG, Titterington RW. 1981. Songbird population response to silvicultural practices in central Appalachian hardwoods. Journal of Wildlife Manangement 45: 680-692. https://doi.org/10.2307/3808701
- Estades CF. 1997. Bird-habitat relationships in a vegetational gradient in the Andes of central Chile. Condor 99: 719-727. https://doi.org/10.2307/1370483
- Hahm KW. 1980. Status and conservation of endangered species (II), breeding history of Dryocopus javensis richardsi Tristram. Report of the KACN 2: 83-103.
- Hahm KW. 1982. Breeding ecology of Dryocopus javensis richardsi Tristram. Kyung-Hee University, Seoul, Korea.
- Johnson GAM, Freedman B. 2002. Breeding birds in forestry plantations and natural forest in the vicinity of Fundy National park, New Brunswick. Canadian Field Naturalist 116: 475-465.
- Karr JH, Roth RR. 1971. Vegetation structure and avian diversity in several new world areas. American Naturalist 105: 423-435. https://doi.org/10.1086/282735
- Kim MR, Kim HY, Kang TW. 2011. Bird distribution and human disturbance on woodpeckers in Dulegil of Bukhansan National Park. Journal of National Park Research 2: 75-79.
- Korea forest research institute. 1994. Test station of Gwangneung forest. Korea forest research Institute, Pochun, pp 143-149.
- Korea forest service, Korea forest research institute. 1996. Conservation of Gwangneung forest. Korea forest service, Daejeon, pp 412.
- Korea national arboretum. 2004. Conservation of fauna and forest animals in Gwangneung forest. Korea national arboretum - study report Vol. 3. Korea national arboretum. pp 136.
- Lee WS. 1996. The relationship between breeding bird communities and forest structure at a deciduous broad-leaved forest in Hokkaido. Japan. Korean Journal of Ecology 19: 353-361.
- MacArthur R, MacArthur IW. 1961. On bird species diversity. Ecology 42: 594-598. https://doi.org/10.2307/1932254
- MacDonald MA, Kirkpatrick JB. 2003. Explaining bird species composition and richness in eucalypt-dominated remnants in subhumid Tasmania. Journal of Biogeography 30: 1415-1426. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2699.2003.00927.x
- Paek WK, Hahm KW. 1994. The song of Great Tit, Parus major. Kor J Orni 1: 25-33.
- Park SJ. 1996. Conservation plan of biodiversity in Gwangneung forest. MS thesis Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Park SK, Hwang GY, Kwon YS. 2010. Study on effects of disturbances by visitors on avian distribution in Gwangneung Forest. Korean J Orni 17: 217-226.
- Primack, RB. 1998. Essentials of conservation biology. 2nd ed. Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, Massachusetts, pp 660.
- Saunders DA, Hobbs RJ, Margules CR. 1991. Biological consequences of ecosystem fragmentation: a review. Conservation. Biology 5: 18-31. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-1739.1991.tb00384.x
- Shaw WW. 1984. Problems in wildlife valuation in natural resource management. Westview Press, Boulder colo, pp 221-229.
- Won BO, Koo KH. 1986. Breeding ecology of Picus canus griseoviridis (Clark). Bull Kor Inst Orni 1: 57-67.
- Woo HJ, Kim SW. 1985. Reintroduction tests of forest birds (I), Ecology of Great Tits. Forestry Year Book 32: 77-87.
- Yoon YC, Jang HC. 1994. Conservation evaluation of Dryocopus javensis richardsi Tristram in Gwangneung forest. Bull Inst Nat Env Eco pp 87-105.
연구 과제번호 : 광릉 숲 생물상 및 종보전(동물분야)
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 광릉수목원