- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Hybrid SBR Aerobic Digestion combined with Ultrasonication by using a Mathematical Model
초음파 결합형 SBR 호기성 소화 모델과 영향 예측
- Received : 2012.11.06
- Accepted : 2012.12.12
- Published : 2012.12.15
Based on the activated sludge model, a simple aerobic digestion model which represents the aerobic sludge digestion by sequencing batch reactor(SBR) equipped with ultrasonicator was composed and performed in this study. The results are as follows. Aerobic digestion efficiency can be increased by adopting ultrasonic pretreatment. For the 5 days of SRT, 24 % of particulate component is predicted to be removed by ultrasonic pretreatment and aerobic digestion. This is 7 %p higher than that of conventional aerobic digestion. A Hybrid SBR aerobic digestion combined with ultrasonication shows higher digestion efficiency than aerobic digestion and ultrasonic pretreatment system. In case of this hybrid system, the digestion efficiency was predicted up to 49 % when the ultrasonication was performed every 2 hours, repeatedly. However, excessive treatment like every hours of ultrasonication in an aerobic digestion process results in adverse effect on TCOD removal because biomass disintegrated completely and the solubilized COD can not be used for the biomass synthesis again.
- Kim D. H. and Chung T.H. (1999) Modeling and dynamic simulation for biological nutrient removal in a sequencing batch reactor(I), Journal of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater,, 13(3), pp.42-55.
- Kim S. H., Kim H.J. and Chung T.H. (2002) Aerobic sludge digestion by intermittent aeration, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 22(2-B), pp.245-252.
- Kim J. H, Lee K.H., Nguyen Hai and Yeom I.T. (2011) Effects of ultrasonic pretreatment on sludge biodegradability, Journal of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 25(4), pp.611-616.
- Ministr y of Environment (2010) 2009 statistical yearbook, Korean Ministry of Environment.
- Bougrie r C., Carrere H. and Delgenes J.P. (1995) Solubilisation of waste-activated sludge by ultrasonic treatment, Chemical Engineering Journal, 106, pp.163-169.
- Gujer W . and Henze M. (1991) Activated sludge modelling and simulation, Wat. Sci. Tech., 23(Kyoto), pp.1011-1023.
- Gujer W ., Henze M., Mino T. and Loosdrecht M. (1999) Activated sludge model No. 3, Wat. Sci. Tech., 39(1), pp.183-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0273-1223(98)00785-9
- Gujer W ., Henze M., Mino T., Matsuo T., Wentzel M.C. and Marais G.v.R. (1995) The activated sludge model no. 2:biological phosphorus removal, Wat. Sci. Tech., 31(2), pp.1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/0273-1223(95)00175-M
- Hao O. J. and M.H. Kim (1990) Continuous pre-anoxic and aerobic digestion of waste activated sludge, ASCE, Env. Eng. Div., 116(5), pp.863-879. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1990)116:5(863)
- Henze M., Gujer W., Mino T. and Loosdrecht M. (2007) Activated sludge models ASM1, ASM2, ASM2d and ASM3 - Ed. by IWA task group on mathematical modelling for design and operation of biological wastewater treatment, IWA publishing, UK.
- Henze M., Gujer W., Mino T., Matsuo T., Wentzel M.C. and Marais G.v.R. (1995) Wastewater and biomass characterization for the activated sludge model No. 2: Biological phosphorus removal, Wat. Sci.Tech., 31(2), pp.13-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/0273-1223(95)00176-N
- MetCal f & Eddy (2004) Wastewater Engineering, Treatment and Reuse - 4th ed., McGrawHill, pp.1533-1546.
- Performance Estimation of SBR Aerobic Digestion Combined with Ultrasonication by Numerical Experiment vol.27, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2013.27.6.815
- Modelling of effluent and GHGs for wastewater treatment plants using by MS Excel simulator(PKES) vol.28, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2014.28.6.735
- Numerical Model for SBR Aerobic Digestion Combined with Ultrasonication and Parameter Calibration vol.27, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2013.27.4.457