- Volume 49 Issue 6
Network Evolution Stages and Characteristics of LTE/LTE-Advanced Systems
LTE/LTE-Advanced 네트워크 발전단계 및 특성 - Network and Protocol Architectures
- Kim, Jeong-Ho (Dept. of Electronics Engineering, Ewha Womans University)
- 김정호 (이화여자대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.03.27
- Accepted : 2012.06.18
- Published : 2012.06.25
Recently, the huge growth of mobile data traffic has driven the earlier commercialization of LTE network and the evolution of LTE-Adv has been accelerated because of this trend of mobile traffic surges. Thus it has enabled the global connectivity and roaming capability due to continual standardization activities. The 3rd generation mobile communication system has been improved through incorporating technologies of HSDPA, MBMS and HSUPA etc continuously. Also, OFDMA/SC-FDMA-based LTE standardization has been under way. In this paper, the architectures of LTE network and protocol have been introduced and their inherent operation mechanisms have also been explored in order to give some insights about the LTE/LTE-Adv networks while their architectures are considered as most prominent candidate for worldwide standard by ITU-R and mobile operators for international communication networks.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 3GPP TS 36.300, E-UTRA and E-UTRAN; Overall description
- M. Poikselka, G. Mayer, H. Khartabil, and A. Kimi, The IMS IP Multimedia Concepts and Services in the Mobile Domain, Wiley, 2004.
- Erik Dahlman, Stefan Parkvall and Johan Skold, 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, Acamedic Press, 2011.
- Jonathan P. Castro, All IP in 3G CDMA Networks, Wiley, 2004.
- LTE(4G) 상용화 및 신규 비즈니스 수익모델 세미나, 사학연금 회관, 산업교육연구소부설 전략품목교육센터, 2012년 2월.