- Volume 14 Issue 2
This study was focused on the new town residential complex in suburban Hefei, China, which was carried out a survey on the present conditions of children's play space. The residential complexes and play spaces in Hefei, regardless of installation, the standards for the installation of play facilities were not provided legally, and the types of installation of the play facilities also were not standardized. For the play space in residential complexes in China to carry out original functions under the condition and become a place of everybody's activities not just for children, the following should be improved:(1) There is no provision and standard for the size of play space, so the standards for installation of play space with safety like Korea, Japan and the US are necessary. (2) The location of the play space should be able to guarantee maximum play activities to children, and the independence of the space should be secured by putting it in a place far from a footpath or pass way. (3) Since children's play space has different properties from those of green space and resting spaces, separate environmental planning is necessary.
Play Space;Playground;Hefei;Residential Complexes;Children
- Young-eun, Kim(2005)A study on the Planning of Integrated Play Environment which considers of children withdisabilities, Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul:KonkukUniversity, pp.33-47.
- YangJu, Lee (2007) A Case Study on China's Park Green Policies. Gyeonggi Development Research Institute.
- Anhui Institute of Architecture & Industry (2008) Planning regulations of urban parks in Anhui Province, Provincial Department of Construction.
- Rina(2008) Difference of Built Environments in Apartment Sites between Korea and China, Master's dissertation, Chongju:ChongjuUniversity
- YiRong, Zhu(2009) Study on the Transition of Outdoor Space Planning in Chinese Multi-Family Housing, Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul: Seoul National University.P47
- Dong-ju, Gil(2009)Characteristics of the Exterior Space in Yanji City Apartments, China, Master's dissertation, ChungbukUniversity.
- Chan-kook, Chung(2010) A Study on the Recognition of the Residents on Children's Playground and Residents' Sports Facilities in Brand Apartment Complexes, Master's Thesis. Seoul:University of Seoul, p31
- Xin-yu,Shi(2010)Study on the Characteristics of Residential Development Planning and Elements in China, Ph.D. Thesis. Pusan: DongA University
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation