- Volume 61 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Eddy-Current Loss Analysis in Rotor of Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Machines Using Analytical Method
해석적 방법을 이용한 표면부착형 영구자석 기기의 회전자 와전류 손실해석
- 최장영 (충남대 전기공학과) ;
- 최지환 (충남대 전기공학과) ;
- 장석명 (충남대 전기공학과) ;
- 조한욱 (충남대 전기전자통신교육과) ;
- 이성호 (한국생산기술연구원 광주 연구센터/부품소재팀)
- Received : 2011.12.02
- Accepted : 2012.07.23
- Published : 2012.08.01
This paper analyzes eddy-current loss induced in magnets of surface-mounted permanent magnet (SPM) machines by using an analytical method such as a space harmonic method. First, on the basis of a two-dimensional (2D) polar coordinate system and a magnetic vector potential, the analytical solutions for the flux density produced by armature winding current are obtained. By using derived field solutions, the analytical solutions for eddy current density distribution are also obtained. Finally, analytical solutions for eddy current loss induced in rotor magnets are derived by using equivalent electrical resistance calculated from magnet volume and analytical solutions for eddy-current density distribution. In particular, the influence of time harmonics in armature current on the eddy current loss is fully investigated and discussed. All analytical results are validated extensively by finite element analysis (FEA).
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Gordon R. Slemon, "On the design of high-performance surface-mounted PM motros," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 30, no.1, Jan. 1994.
- Tomy Sebastian and Gordon Slemon, "Transient torque and short circuit capabilities of variable speed permanent magnet motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 23, no.5, Sept. 1987.
- Jiabin Wang, K. Atallah, R. Chin, W. M. Arshad, and H. lendenmann, "Rotor eddy-current loss in permanent-magnet brushless AC machines", IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 46, no.7, pp. 2701-2707, July 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2042963
- Kinjiro Yoshida, Yasuhiro Hita, and Katsumi Kesamaru, "Eddy-current loss analysis in PM of surface-mounted-PM SM for electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 36, no.4, pp. 1941-1944, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.877827
- Masatsugu Nakano, Haruyuki Kometani, and Mitsuhiro Kawamura, "A Study on eddy-current losses in Rotors of Surface Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Machines," IEEE Ind. Appl., vol. 42, no.2, pp. 429-435, March 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.870037
- Nannan Zhao, Z. Q. Zhu, and Weiguo Liu, "Rotor eddy-current loss calculation and thermal analysis of permanent magnet motor and generator," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no.10, pp. 4199-4202, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2155042
- Z. Q. Zhu, D. Howe, C. C. Chan, "Improved Analytical Model for Predicting the Magnetic Field Distribution in Brushless Permanent Magnet Machines," IEEETrans.Magn.,vol.38, no.1, pp.229-238, Jan. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.990112
- K. F. Rasmussen, "Analytical Prediction of Magnetic Field from Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Motors," In. Proc. Int. Electrical Machines and Drives Conf., Seattle, WA, pp.34-36, 1999.
- Jiabin Wang, Geraint W. Jewell and David Howe, "A General Framework for the Analysis and Design of Tubular Linear Permanent Magnet Machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.35, no.3, pp.1986-2000, May.1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.764898
- Mark Mattew Flynn, "A methodology for evaluating and reducing rotor losses, heating, and operational limitations of high-speed flywheel batteries," Ph.D. Dissertation, The university of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA, 2003.
- Dahaman Ishak, Z. Q. Zhu, and David Howe, "Eddy-current loss in the rotor magnets of permanent-magnet brushless machines having a fractional number of slots per pole," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 41, no.9, pp. 2462-2469, Sept. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.854337
- Analysis of Eddy Current Loss in Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Generator Considering Tapped Holes in Movers Using Semi-3-D Analytical Method vol.53, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2017.2708140
- A Study on Rotor Eddy Current Loss and Thermal Analysis of PM Synchronous Generator for Wind Turbine vol.63, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.11.1575