- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Mechanical Properties of Laser-Welded Multi-Material Tailor-Welded Blanks
레이저 TWB된 이종접합강의 기계적 특성
- Nam, Ki-Woo (Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Pukyung Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Sang-Hyun (Research Institute, Sungwoo Hitech, Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Kyu-Hyun (Research Institute, Sungwoo Hitech, Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Mun-Yong (Research Institute, Sungwoo Hitech, Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2011.12.12
- Accepted : 2012.06.18
- Published : 2012.08.01
In this study, tailor-welded blanks(TWB) were formed between high-strength steel(SABC1470) and cold rolled steels(SPFH590 and SPFC980) to improve passenger safety and reduce the weight of cars. Multi-material TWB specimens were highly strengthened through the heat treatment of SABC1470. The change in tensile strength caused by the stand-by time until water cooling after stamping and the deformation behavior of high-speed bending in a statically indeterminate condition such as in the center-pillar were evaluated. Multi-material TWB specimens that were heat-treated at the same temperature tended to show a decrease in tensile and yield strength, depending on the stand-by time until water cooling. On the other hand, Multi-material TWB specimens(SABC1470+SPFH590) that were heat treated at
Center Pillar;Different Material;Tailor Weld Blanks(TWB);Tensile Test;High Speed Bending;Statically Indeterminate
- Ordinance of Ministry of Land, 2010, "Motor Vehicle Safety Standard," No. 307
- Lim, S. W., 2008, "Advanced Technology for Lightweight Automobile," The Korean Society for Heat Treatment, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 164-170.
- Kim, B. K., Kim, M. S., Kim, B. J. and Huh, S. J., 2005, "Optimal Design of the Passenger Vehicle Aluminum Seat for Weight Reduction and Durability Performance Improvement," Transactions of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 58-63.
- Bae. G. H., Huh, H., Lim, J. H. and Kim, G. S., 2010, "Development of a Design Guideline Considering the Light Weight and Crash Worthiness of the ULSAB-AVC Model," 2010 Proceeding of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, pp. 1-8.
- Bae, G. H., Huh, H., Song, J. H. and Kim, S. H., 2006, "Light-weight Design with a Simplified Center-pillar Model for Improved Crash Worthiness," Transactions of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 112-119.
- Michael, S. B., 2006, " High-Strength Steel Stamping Project(ASP 050), Automotive Light Weighting Materials," FY 2006 Progress Report, pp. i154-i158.
- Lee. G. S., Kim, D. J., Han, Y. H. and Song Y. J. 2006, "Forming Analysis of TWB Inner Door Panel Considering Workshop Aspects," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 289-294. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.4.289
- Kim, J. H., Lee. W. O., Chung. K. H., Kim, D. Y. and Kim, C. M., Okamoto, K., Wagoner, R. H. and Chung, K. S., "Spring Back Evaluation of Friction Stir Welded TWB Automotive Sheets," Met. Mater. Int., Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 83-98. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-011-0212-2
- Hashimura, T., Fukumoto, K. and Takahashi, N., 2010, "Structural Member of Different Materials," Patent application number: 20100098969
- Je, H. I., Son, C. S. and Nam, K. W., 2011, "A Study on the Spot Welding Characteristics and Material Analysis of Boron Steel for Hot-stamping according to the Heat-treatment Conditions" Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 383-391.