- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Sensitivity Validation Technique for Sequential Kriging Metamodel
순차적 크리깅 메타모델의 민감도 검증법
- Huh, Seung-Kyun (Dept. Automotive Engineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jin-Min (Dept. Automotive Engineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Tae-Hee (Dept. Automotive Engineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2011.12.21
- Accepted : 2012.05.24
- Published : 2012.08.01
Metamodels have been developed with a variety of design optimization techniques in the field of structural engineering over the last decade because they are efficient, show excellent prediction performance, and provide easy interconnections into design frameworks. To construct a metamodel, a sequential procedure involving steps such as the design of experiments, metamodeling techniques, and validation techniques is performed. Because validation techniques can measure the accuracy of the metamodel, the number of presampled points for an accurate kriging metamodel is decided by the validation technique in the sequential kriging metamodel. Because the interpolation model such as the kriging metamodel based on computer experiments passes through responses at presampled points, additional analyses or reconstructions of the metamodels are required to measure the accuracy of the metamodel if existing validation techniques are applied. In this study, we suggest a sensitivity validation that does not require additional analyses or reconstructions of the metamodels. Fourteen two-dimensional mathematical problems and an engineering problem are illustrated to show the feasibility of the suggested method.
Sensitivity;Validation;Sequential Kriging Metamodel;Bogie Frame
Grant : 공간-시간 통계적 모형 기반 최적설계 기법 연구
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Lee, T.H., Lee, C.J. and Lee, K.K., 2003, "Shape Optimization of a CRT Based on Response Surface and Kriging Metamodels," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 381-386.
- Simpson, T.W., Mauery, T.M., Korte, J.J. and Mistree, F., 2001, "Kriging Models for Global Approximation in Simulation-Based Multidisciplinary Design Optimization," AIAA Journal, Vol. 39, No. 12, pp. 2234-2241.
- Johnson, M.E., Moore, L.M. and Ylvisaker, D., 1990, "Minimax and Maximin Distance Designs," Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 26(2), pp. 131-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3758(90)90122-B
- Shewry M.C. and Wynn H.P., 1987, "Maximum Entropy Sampling," Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 165-170. https://doi.org/10.1080/02664768700000020
- Sacks, J., Welch, W.J., Mitchell, T.J. and Wynn, H.P., 1989, "Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments," Statistical Science, Vol. 4, No.4, pp. 409-435. https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177012413
- Meckesheimer, M., Barton, R.R., Simpson, T.W., and Booker, A.j., 2002, "Computationally Inexpensive Metamodel Assessment Strategies,'' AIAA Journal, Vol. 40, No.10, pp. 2053-2060. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.1538
- Shao, j., 1993, "Linear Model Selection by Cross- Validation," Journal of American Statistical Association, Vol.88, No. 422, pp. 486-494. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1993.10476299
- Jin, R., Chen, W. and Sudjianto, A., 2002, "On Sequential Sampling for Global Metamodeling in Engineering Design," Proceeding of DETC'02 ASME 2002 Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, DETC2002/DAC-32092.
- Jang, J., Lee, J.M. and Lee, T.H., 2011, "A Study of C1-continuity of Split Region Kriging model according to Correlation Functions," Proceedings of the KSME(A ), pp. 174-179.
- Kim, H.S. and Lee, T.H., 2010, "Mean-Variance- Validation Technique for Sequential Kriging Metamodels," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 511-657. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.5.541
- Shape Optimization of Impeller Blades for 15,000 HP Centrifugal Compressor Using Fluid Structural Interaction Analysis vol.38, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2014.38.6.547