- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Characteristics of CFRP Composites Exposed Under High-Temperature and High-Humidity Environment for a Long Period
고온 다습한 환경에 장기간 노출된 CFRP 복합재료의 특성 분석
- Hong, Suk-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.) ;
- Ahn, Sang-Soo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.) ;
- Koo, Jae-Mean (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.) ;
- Seok, Chang-Sung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.)
- Received : 2012.02.13
- Accepted : 2012.06.13
- Published : 2012.08.01
Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) composites have high specific stiffness and high specific strength. Therefore, they are increasingly being use, instead of conventional metallic materials in the aviation and automobile industries, where there is a strong demand for lightweight materials. In aircraft, the fuselage is exposed to severe conditions of high temperatures and high humidity. Therefore, it is necessary to estimate the strength of CFRP composites under real conditions from the viewpoint of aircraft safety. In this study, CFRP specimens were immersed in distilled water at
CFRP Composite;High Temperature and Humidity Environment;Tensile Strength;Fatigue Life;Distilled Water
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Park, H.S., Choi, J.H., Koo, J.M. and Seok, C.S., 2010, "Fatigue Damage Evaluation of Woven Carbon- Fiber-Reinforced Composite Materials by Using Fatigue Damage Model," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol.34, No.6, pp.757-762. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.6.757
- Shen, C.H. and Springer, G.S., 1977, "Effects of Moisture and Temperature on the Tensile Strength of Composite Materials," Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 11, pp. 2-16. https://doi.org/10.1177/002199837701100102
- Kim, B.G. and Moon, C.K., 1997, "Influence of Moisture Absorption on the Mechanical Properties in the Laminated Composites," Korean Society for Power System Engineering, pp. 91-97.
- Moon, C.K. and Goo, J.S., 1997, "Study on the Durability of Fiber Reinforced Plastics by Moisture Aborsoption," Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol. 11, pp. 48-56.
- Kim, M.H. and Park, S.W., 2008, "Estimation of Thermal Environment of T-50 Aircraft in Extreme High Temperature Condition," The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 2, PP. 1180-1183
- ASTM D 3039-93, "Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Fiber Resin Composite."
- Abdel-Magid, B., Ziaee, S., Gass, K. and Schneider, M., 2005, "The Combined Effect of Load, Moisture and Temperature on the Properties of E-Glass/Epoxy Composites," Fifth International Conference on Composite Science and Technology, Vol. 71, pp.320-326.
- Candido, G.M., Costa, M.L., Rezende, M.C. and Almeida, S.F.M., 2008, "Hygrothermal Effects on Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Epoxy Laminates with Machined and Molded Edges," Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol.39, pp.490-496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2007.03.007
- Komai, K., Minoshina, K., Tanaka, K. and Tokura, T., 2002, "Effects of Stress Waveform and Water Absorption on the Fatigue Strength of Angle-Ply Aramid Fiber/Epoxy Composites," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol.24, pp. 339-348. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-1123(01)00089-5
- Characterization of Water Absorption by CFRP Using Air-Coupled Ultrasonic Testing vol.34, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7779/JKSNT.2014.34.2.155
- Dynamic Analysis of Carbon-fiber-reinforced Plastic for Different Multi-layered Fabric Structure vol.26, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2016.26.4.375
- Utilization of Finite Element Analysis in Design and Performance Evaluation of CFRP Bicycle Frames vol.37, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.1.121