- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Behavior Analysis of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Including Flexible Effects of Tower and Blade
타워와 블레이드의 탄성효과를 고려한 부유식 해상풍력발전기의 동적거동해석
- Jung, Hye-Young (Graduate school of Mechatronics Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Sohn, Jeong-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.02.20
- Accepted : 2012.06.13
- Published : 2012.08.01
To establish a floating offshore wind turbine simulation model, a tension leg platform is added to an onshore wind turbine. The wind load is calculated by using meteorological administration data and a power law that defines the wind velocity according to the height from the sea surface. The wind load is applied to the blade and wind tower at a regular distance. The relative Morison equation is employed to generate the wave load. The rated rotor speed (18 rpm) is applied to the hub as a motion. The dynamic behavior of a 2-MW floating offshore wind turbine subjected to the wave excitation and wind load is analyzed. The flexible effects of the wind tower and the blade are analyzed. The flexible model of the wind tower and blade is established to examine the natural frequency of the TLP-type offshore wind turbine. To study the effect of the flexible tower and blade on the floating offshore wind turbine, we modeled the flexible tower model and flexible tower-blade model and compared it with a rigid model.
Offshore Wind Turbine;Wind Load;Wave Load;Flexible Effects
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Musial, W.D., Butterfield, C.P. and Boone, A., 2004, "Feasibility of Floating Platform Systems for Wind Turbines," 23rd ASME Wind Energy Symposium Proceedings, Reno, Nevada, January, NREL/CP-500-34874.
- Musial, B. W., Jongman, J. and Sclavounos, P., 2007, "Engineering Challenges for Floating Offshore Wind Turbines," NREL Conference paper, USA, Cp-500-38776R.
- Park, T. H. and Cho, J. W., 2002, "A Time Domain Calculation for the TLP(Tension Leg Platform)," In Proceedings of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Korea, pp. 256-260.
- Dyer, I., Taylor, R. E., Newman J.N. and Price, W.G., 1990, Sea Loads on Ships and Offshore Structure, Cambridge University press, United Kingdom, pp.174-222
- Kim, D.G., "Dynamics of Structures," Goomibook, Korea, pp.671-699.
- 2005, Wind turbine - Part1 : Design Requirements, International Electrotechnical Commission(IEC) - 61400-1 Ed. 3.
- Sohn, J., Jang, J. and Yoo, W., 2010, "Multibody Modeling and Analysis of Floating Offshore Wind Power System," Trans. Of the KSME A, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 1350-1352.