- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Pressure Analysis of Plantar Musculoskeletal Fascia while Walking using Finite Element Analyses
상세유한요소 모델링을 통한 보행중인 인체족부의 족저압 해석
- Jeon, Seong-Mo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Cheol (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.02.20
- Accepted : 2012.05.23
- Published : 2012.08.01
An efficient 3D finite element walking model that considers the detailed shapes of muscles, ligaments, bones, skin, and soles was developed based on a real computed tomography (CT) scan image of a foot, and nonlinear contact analyses were performed to investigate pressure changes. The highest pressure occurs at the rear bottom of the foot when standing and walking. The pressure on the outsole with a curved foot bottom surface is lessened and distributed over a wider area than in the case of a flat outsole. The result shows that a shoe sole shape optimized for diabetes patients can relieve the foot pressure concentration and prevent further worsening of symptoms.
Plantar Pressure;Walking;Sole Shape;Contact
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Oh, D. W., Chon, S. H. and Shim, J. H., 2010, "Effect of Shoe Heel Height on Standing Balance and Muscle Activation of Ankle Joint," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 29, pp. 789-795. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.5.789
- Kim, J. H. and Hwang, I. G. 2004, "Develoment of Functional Shoes for Old People," Proceedings of the KISE, Vol. 9, pp. 61-67.
- Kim, K. H., Kim, Y. H., Kim, S. K., Yang, G. T. and Mun, M. S. 1996, "Development of Transfemoral Prostheses and Its Gait Analysis," Proceedings of the KSME Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 303-308.
- Seo, J. T. and Yi, B. J. 2009, "Modeling and Analysis of a Biomimetic Foot Mechanism," Journal of the Korean society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 521-528.
- Cheung, T. M., Zhang, M. and An, K. N., 2006, "Effect of Achilles Tendon Loading on Plantar Fascia Tension in the Standing Foot," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 194-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2005.09.016
- Hodge, M. C., Bach, T. M. and Carter, G. M., 1999, "Orthotic Management of Plantar Pressure and Pain in Rheumatoid Arthritis," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 14, pp. 567-575. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(99)00034-0
- Kim, I. M. and Lee, I. M. 2008, "Bio-Medical Enginnering Applications Using Mimics S/W," proceedings of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 106-107.
- Cheung, J. T., Zhang, M., Leung, A. K. and Fan, Y. B., 2005, "Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of the Foot During Standing - A Material Sensitivity Study," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 38, pp. 1045-1054. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.035
- NASTRAN, NASTRAN Release 2010.1.3 documentation.
- Mooney, M., 1940, "A Theory of Large Elastic Deformation," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 11, pp. 582-592. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1712836
- Cheung, J. T. and Zhang, M. 2006, "Finite Element Modeling of the Human Foot and Footwear," ABAQUS Users' Conference.
- Moon, J., 2010, Finite Element Analysis of Foot-Ankle Joint for Gait and Biomechanical Evaluation of Curved Point, Master Thesis, Inje University.
- Antunes, P. J., Dias, G. R., Coelho, A. T., Rebelo, F. and Pereira, T., 2003, "Non-Linear Finite Element Modelling of Anatomically Detailed 3D Foot Model," Materialise, leuven, Belgium.
- Zhang, M. and Mak, A. F. T., 1999, "In Vivo Friction Properties of Human Skin," Prosthetics and Orthotics International, Vol. 23, pp. 135-141.
- Qiu, T. X., Teo, E. C., Yan, Y. B. and Lei, W., 2011, "Finite Element Modeling of a 3D Coupled Foot-boot Model," Medical Engineering & Physics, Vol. 33, pp.1228-1233. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2011.05.012
- Song, D. R., Lee, S. J. and Chen, W. M.,. 2007, "Construction and Validation of a Finite Element Model for Foot-Ankle Joint Complex with Detailed Anatomical Elements," Proceedings of the KSPE Autumn Annual Meeting, pp. 167-168.
- Kim, S. H., Cho, J. R. and Lee, S. B. 2009, "Evaluation of Landing Impact Characteristics of Sport Shoes in Running by Finite Element Analysis," Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 217-225. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.2.217
- Song, S. J., Kim, S. Y., Kim, Y. T. and Lee, S. D., 2010, "Computation of Ground Reaction Forces during Gait Using Kinematic Data," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 431-437. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.4.431
- The effects of the length of rain boots on balance during treadmill walking vol.27, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.27.3261