- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Impact Characteristics of Bonded Dissimilar Materials for Center Pillar
센터필라 적용을 위한 이종 접합강의 충격 특성 해석에 관한 연구
- Nam, Ki-Woo (Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Sang-Hyun (Technical Institute, Sung Woo Hitech Co. Ltd.) ;
- Yoo, Jung-Su (Graduate School, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Sang-Mun (Graduate School, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.10.06
- Accepted : 2012.06.11
- Published : 2012.08.01
This study was carried out to analyze the dynamic characteristics of laser tailor-welded blanks (TWBs) made of dissimilar materials. The analysis was performed using Hyper Works 10.0 with Solver LS-DYNA v.971. 2D-Shell was used as the modeling element, and the number of elements and nodes was 35,641 and 36,561, respectively. The impact speed was 10 km/h. To analyze the impact characteristics according to the height of the weld line for the upper and lower parts of the center pillar, the length of the lower part was set as 300 and 400 mm. When the lower part was made of SPFC980 steel with a length of 300 mm, the deformation was the smallest and the absorbed energy of the impact force was the largest. On based the lower part of center pillar, the position of TWB shows the shorter and the better value. In other words, the performance depended on the proportion of the upper part made of high-strength SABC1470 steel. A lower part made of SPFH590 steel showed large deformation. In contrast, a lower part made of SPFC980 steel showed significantly lesser deformation. Therefore, the impact performance of a lower part made of SPFC980 steel with a length of 300 mm showed the best analysis result.
Center Pillar;Dissimilar Material;Tailor Weld Blanks(TWB);Impact Test
- Ordinance of Ministry of Land, 2010, "Motor- Vehicle Safety Standard" No. 307.
- Lim, S. W., 2008, "Advanced Technology for Lightweight Automobile," The Korean Society for Heat Treatment, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 164-170.
- Kim, B. K., Kim, M. S., Kim, B. J. and Huh, S. J., 2005, "Optimal Design of the Passenger Vehicle Aluminum Seat for Weight Reduction and Durability Performance Improvement," Transactions of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 58-63.
- Bae. G. H., Huh, H., Lim, J. H. and Kim, G. S., 2010, "Development of a Design Guideline Considering the Light Weight and Crashworthiness of the ULSAB-AVC Model," 2010 Proceeding of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, pp. 1-8.
- Bae, G. H., Huh, H., Song, J. H. and Kim, S. H., 2006, "Light-Weight Design with a Simplified Center-pillar Model for Improved Crashworthiness," Transactions of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 112-119.
- Hashimura, T., Fukumoto, K. and Takahashi, N., 2010, "Structural Member of Different Materials," Patent Application number: 20100098969
- Michae,l S. B., 2006, "High-Strength Steel Stamping Project (ASP 050), Automotive Lightweighting Materials," FY 2006 Progress Report, pp. 1154-1158.
- Lee, H..W., Hwang, J. B., Kim, S. U., Kim, W. H., Yoo, S. J., Lim, H. W. and Yum, Y. J., 2010, "Construction of Vehicle Door Impact Beam Using Hot Stamping Technology," Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 797-803. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.6.797
- Lee. G. S., Kim, D. J., Han, Y. H. and Song Y. J. 2006, "Forming Analysis of TWB Inner Door Panel Considering Workshop Aspects," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 289-294. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.4.289
- Kim, J. H., Lee. W. O., Chung. K. H., Kim, D. Y. and Kim, C. M., Okamoto, K., Wagoner, R. H. and Chung, K. S. 2011, "Springback Evaluation of Friction Stir Welded TWB Automotive Sheets," Met. Mater. Int., Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 83-98. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-011-0212-2
- Development Process of Side Impact Beam for Automotive Light-Weighting Door using Sheet Type vol.24, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2015.24.2.130