- Volume 36 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Static and Dynamic Finite Element Analyses of a Bulk-Cement Trailer
벌크 시멘트 트레일러의 정동적 유한요소해석
- Kim, Jin-Gon (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic Univ. of Deagu) ;
- Lee, Jae-Gon (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic Univ. of Deagu)
- Received : 2012.03.05
- Accepted : 2012.06.11
- Published : 2012.08.01
In this study, we analyze the static and dynamic characteristics of a bulk-cement trailer with a simpler structure that carries powders. The commercial software ANSYS is used to prepare a detailed three-dimensional model of the chassis frame and tank body that bear most of the load of a bulk-cement trailer for the finite element analysis. Modal analysis is conducted to examine the dynamic characteristics of the trailer body, and static analysis shows weak links in the structure. Finally, we propose a method to increase the strength of vulnerable areas and to reduce the weight of the trailer by applying the Taguchi method.
Bulk-Cement Trailer;Finite Element Analysis;Taguchi Method
- Lee, T. H., Lee, K. K. and Koo, J. Y., 2000, "Optimization of Chassis Frame by Using D-Optimal Response Surface Model," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 894-899.
- Shin, J. K., Song, S. I., Lee, K. H. and Park, G. J., 2001, "Lightweight Automobile Design with ULSAB Concept Using Structural Optimization," Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 277-286.
- Yoon, S. C., Kim, Y. K., Jun, C. S. and Kim, M. Y., 2005, "Structural Strength Evaluation of a Carbody by Finite Element Analysis and Tests," Fall Conference of KSPE, pp. 49-54.
- Yang, H. J., Kim, K. C., Lim, S. H., Kim, C. M. and Yim, H. J., 2007, "Design of High Stiffness and Lightweight Body for Stiffness Distribution Ratio," Transactions of KSNVE, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 901-906. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2007.17.10.901
- Kim, J. G. and Yoon, M. S., 2010, "Optimal Design of Lightweight Frame for Heavy Flat-Bed Trailer by Using Taguchi Method," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 353-359. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.3.353
- Kim, J. G. and Jang, G. W., 2011, "Development of a Lightweight Frame for a 40-foot Flatbed Trailer By Using CAE-Based Structural Optimization," Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 225, pp. 643-652. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407010395688
- Zhao, H. Q. and Zhang, H., 2005, "A Finite Element Analysis for the Tank Body and Frame of a Cement Tanker," Automotive Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 111-114.
- Huang, S. W., Shi, W. and Li, L., 2010, "Dynamic Analysis Contrast on Bulk Cement Trailer's Original and Improved Model," Equipment Manufacturing Technology, Issue 4, pp. 7-8.
- Hong, J. S., Ham, Y. S. and Paik, Y. N., 2003, "Static Load Test of the Bogie and Vibration Performance Test, Dynamic Characteristics Analysis of the Bulk Cement Car," Journal of Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 186-193.
- Ranganathan, R., Rakheja, S. and Sankar, S., 1990, "Influence of Liquid Load Shift on the Dyanmic Response of Articulated Tank Vehicles," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 177-200. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423119008968941
- Jeong, K. H., Kim, K. S. and Park, K. B., 1997, "Natural Frequency Characteristics of a Cylindrical Tank Filled with Bounded Compressible Fluid," Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 291-302.
- Firouz-Abadi, R. D., Haddadpour, H. and Kouchakzadeh, M. A., 2009, "Free Vibrations of Composite Tanks Partially Filled with Fluid," Thin-Walled Structures, Vol. 47, Issue 12, pp. 1567-1574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2009.05.007