- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Model selection method for categorical data with non-response
무응답을 가지고 있는 범주형 자료에 대한 모형 선택 방법
- Yoon, Yong-Hwa (Department of Statistics and Computer Science, Daegu University) ;
- Choi, Bo-Seung (Department of Statistics and Computer Science, Daegu University)
- Received : 2012.04.23
- Accepted : 2012.06.15
- Published : 2012.07.31
We consider a model estimation and model selection methods for the multi-way contingency table data with non-response or missing values. We also consider hierarchical Bayesian model in order to handle a boundary solution problem that can happen in the maximum likelihood estimation under non-ignorable non-response model and we deal with a model selection method to find the best model for the data. We utilized Bayes factors to handle model selection problem under Bayesian approach. We applied proposed method to the pre-election survey for the 2004 Korean National Assembly race. As a result, we got the non-ignorable non-response model was favored and the variable of voting intention was most suitable.
Supported by : 대구대학교
- Agresti, A. (2002). Categorical data analysis, second edition, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New Jersey.
- Baker, S. G. and Laird, N. M. (1988). Regression analysis for categorical variables with outcome subject to nonignorable nonresponse. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 83, 62-69. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1988.10478565
- Baker, S. G., Rosenberger, W. F. and Dersimonian, R. (1992). Closed-form estimates for missing counts in two-way contingency tables. Statistics in Medicine, 11, 643-657. https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.4780110509
- Cargnoni, C., Miller, P. and West, M. (1997). Bayesian forecasting of multinomial time series through conditionally Gaussian dynamic models. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 92, 640-647.
- Chib, S. (1995). Marginal likelihood from the Gibbs output. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 90, 1313-1321. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1995.10476635
- Chib, S. and Jeliazkov, I. (2001). Marginal likelihood from the Metropolis-Hastings output. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 96, 270-281. https://doi.org/10.1198/016214501750332848
- Chen, Q. L. and Stasny, E. A. (2003). Handling undecided voters: Using missing data methods in election forecasting, Technical Report, Department of Statistics, The Ohio State University.
- Choi, B. (2007). A study of customer segmentation method using nonresponse model. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 9, 1849-1860.
- Choi, B., Park, Y. S. and Lee, D. H. (2007). Election forecasting using pre-election survey data with nonignorable nonresponse. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 9, 2321-2333.
- Choi, B., Kim, D. Y., Kim, K. W. and Park, Y. S. (2008). Nonignorable nonresponse imputation and rotation group bias estimation on the rotation sample survey. The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 21, 361-375. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2008.21.3.361
- Choi, B., Choi, J. W. and Park, Y. S. (2009). Bayesian methods for an incomplete two-way contingency table with application to the Ohio(Buckeye state polls). Survey Methodology, 35, 37-51.
- Chun, Y. M., Son, H. K. and Chung, S. S. (2007). Treatment of missing data by decomposition and voting with ordinal data. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 18, 585-598.
- Chung, H. C. and Han, C. P. (2009). Bootstrap confidence intervals for classification error rate in circular models when a block of observation is missing. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 757-764.
- Congdon, P. (2002). Bayesian statistical modelling, first edition, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester.
- Dempster, A. P., Laird, N. M. and Rubin, D. M. (1977). Maximum likelihood from incomplete data via the EM algorithm. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, 39, 1-38.
- Gelfand, A. E. and Smith, A. F. M. (1990). Sampling based to calculating marginal densities, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 85, 398-409. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1990.10476213
- Gelman, A., Carlin, J. B., Stern, H. S. and Rubin, D. B. (2004). Bayesian data analysis, second edition, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Florida.
- Green, P. E. and Park, T. (2003). A Bayesian hierarchical model for categorical data with nonignorable nonresponse. Biometrics, 59, 886-896. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0006-341X.2003.00103.x
- Hong, J. S. and Jung, M. H. (2011a). Undecided inference using logistic regression for credit evaluation. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 149-157.
- Hong, J. S. and Jung, M. S. (2011b). Undecided inference using bivariate probit models. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 1017-1028.
- Kass, R. E. and Raftery, E. (1995). Bayes factors. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 90, 773-795. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1995.10476572
- Little, J. A. and Rubin, D. B. (2002). Statistical analysis with missing data, second edition, Wiley, New York.
- Park, T. (1998). An approach to categorical data with nonignorable nonresponse. Biometrics, 54, 1579-1690. https://doi.org/10.2307/2533682
- Park, T. and Brown, M. B. (1994). Models for categorical data with nonignorable nonresponse. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 89, 44-52. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1994.10476444
- Park, Y. S. and Choi, B. (2010). Bayesian analysis for incomplete multi-way contingency tables with nonignorable nonresponse. Journal of Applied Statistics, 37, 1439-1453. https://doi.org/10.1080/02664760903046078
- Rubin, D. B., Stern, H. S. and Vehovar, V. (1995). Handling "Don't know" survey responses: The case of the Slovenian Plebiscite. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 90, 822-828.
- A comparison study for accuracy of exit poll based on nonresponse model vol.25, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.1.53
- Analysis of Missing Data Using an Empirical Bayesian Method vol.27, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2014.27.6.1003
- A longitudinal study for child aggression with Korea Welfare Panel Study data vol.25, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.6.1439
- An estimation method for non-response model using Monte-Carlo expectation-maximization algorithm vol.27, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.3.587
- Handling the nonresponse in sample survey vol.23, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.6.1183