- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Check for regression coefficient using jackknife and bootstrap methods in clinical data
잭나이프 및 붓스트랩 방법을 이용한 임상자료의 회귀계수 타당성 확인
- Sohn, Ki-Cheul (School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Shin, Im-Hee (School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2012.05.10
- Accepted : 2012.06.04
- Published : 2012.07.31
There are lots of analysis to determine the relation between dependent variable and explanatory variables. Often the regression analysis is used to do this, and we can analyze the how much the explanatory variable can be related with dependent variable and how much the regression model can explain the data. But the validation check of regression model is usually determined by coefficient of determination. We should check the validation of regression coefficient with different methods. This paper introduces the method for validation check the regression coefficient using the jackknife regression and bootstrap regression in clinical data.
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Dette, H. and Munk, A. (1998). Validation of linear regression models. The Annals of Statistics, 2, 778-800.
- Efron, B. (1979). Bootstrap method: Another look at the jackknife. Annals of Statistics, 7, 1-26. https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176344552
- Efron, B. and Gong, G. (1983). A leisurely look at the bootstrap, the jackknife, and cross-validation. American Statistician, 37, 36-48.
- Efron, B. and Tibshirani, R. J. (1993). An introduction to the bootstrap, Chapman & Hall, New York.
- Freedman, D. A. and Peters, S. C. (1984). Bootstrapping a regression equation: Some empirical results. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 79, 9-106. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1984.10477054
- Good, P. (2005). Introduction to statistics through resampling methods and R/S-PLUS, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Sahinler, S. and Topuz, D. (2007). Bootstrap and jackknife resampling algorithm for estimation of regression parameters. Journal of Applied Quantitative Methods, 2, 188-199.
- Shao, J. and Tu, D. (1995). The jackknife and bootstrap, Springer, New York.
- Shin I. H. (2008). Solution medical statistics series 1, Koonja, Seoul.
- Wu, C. F. J. (1986). Jackknife, bootstrap and other resampling methods in regression analysis. The Annals of Statistics, 14, 1343-1350. https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176350161
- Estimation of confidence interval in exponential distribution for the greenhouse gas inventory uncertainty by the simulation study vol.24, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2013.24.4.825