- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Lipid metabolic effects of caffeine using meta-analysis
메타분석을 이용한 카페인의 지질대사효과
- Kim, Na-Jung (Department of Information and Statistics, Duksung Women's University) ;
- Choi, Ki-Heon (Department of Information and Statistics, Duksung Women's University)
- Received : 2012.03.30
- Accepted : 2012.06.07
- Published : 2012.07.31
The present study was carried out to summarize the effect of caffeine in the lipid metabolic by meta-analysis. The association measure to test effect of caffeine was the Hedges's standardized mean difference (HG). In this particular fixed-effect model of Hedges's standardized mean difference, weight gain, heart weight, serum total lipid, serum triglycerides and liver triglycerides were significantly decreased (p < 0.05). Also, serum HDL cholesterol and serum LDL cholesterol were significantly increased. In this case of heterogeneous variable, random effect model was applied. In this model, weight gain, heart weight, serum total lipid, serum triglycerides, serum LDL cholesterol and liver triglycerides were significantly decreased in caffeine treated group. Also HDL-cholesterol was significantly increased in caffeine treated group.
- Choi, K. H. and Kook, S. J. (2008). Meta analysis using MIX, Free Academy, Seoul.
- Cho, S. Y. and Park, M. L. and Park, W. H. and Jeong, J. H. (1989). Effect of caffeine and vitamin E on the lipid composition of serum and liver in cholesterol-fed rats. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 18, 53-61.
- Choi, M. J. and Lee, J. E. (2008). The effect of dietary caffeine supplementation on plasma and liver lipid concentrations in male rats. Journal of East Asian Society Dietary life, 18, 466-472.
- Encyclopedia (2012). http://www.doopedia.co.kr
- Kim, M. J. and Choi, K. H. (2010). The anti-diabetic effect of propolis using Hedges' standardized mean difference. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 447-459.
- Kim, J. E. and Choi, K. H. (2010). A meta analysis for anti-hyperlipidemia effect of soybeans. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 651-667
- Kook, S. J. and Han, H. K. and Kim, G. H. and Choi, K. H. (2008). The anti-hepatotoxic effect of ginseng in rats: meta-analysis. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 937-949.
- Herman P. F. and Judith D. (1996). Meta analysis: An Introduction and point of view. Hepatology, 23, 917-928. https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.510230437
- Kim, M. H. and Kim, Y. R. and Lee, J Y. and Park B. K. and Kim, M. K. and Choi, M. K. and Kim, A. J. (2008). The effects of caffeine on lipid and mineral content in the serum of rats. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 21, 336-343.
- Lee, C. H. and Choi, B. K. and Lee, W. C. and Park, C. I. and Furugawa, Y. and Kimura, S. (1992). Effect of dietary protein level, caffeine and green tea on boy fat deposition in wistar rats. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 21, 595-600.
- Park, M. L. and Cho, S. Y. (1993). Effect of dietary vitamin E on lipid metabolism in caffeine-fed rats. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 22, 658-663.
- Rothstein, H. R. and Sutton, A. J. and Borenstein, M. (2005). Publication bias in meta-analysis : Prevention, assessment and adjustments, Wiley, England.
- Yu, C. H. and Hong, H. O. (1984). The effect of caffeine beverage intake on lipid metabolism of the Rat taking cholesterol supplemented high fat diet. Sangmyung University Home Culture Research, 3, 93-108.
- Yun, A. R. and Choi, K. H. (2011). Meta analysis for anti-hyperlipidemia effect of garlic. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 13, 1197-1208.
- Yun, A. R. and Choi, K. H. (2011). Meta-regression analysis for anti-diabetic effect of green tea. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 717-726.
- Statistical analysis on a specific student group and their responses to sub-health questionnaire vol.26, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.4.895
- The study on the relevance of life management and sub-health vol.27, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.4.925
- A meta analysis of the climate change impact on rice yield in South Korea vol.26, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.2.355
- A meta-regression analysis on the effects of parenting programs for children with disabilities in Korea vol.27, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.4.1101
- The Impact of Alcohol and Caffeine Intake on Body Mass Index, Alcohol Use Disorder, and Quality of Sleep among University Freshmen vol.17, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2015.17.4.363
- The effect of onion on hyperlipidemia: Meta-analysis vol.23, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.6.1103
- Power and major gene-gene identification of dummy multifactor dimensionality reduction algorithm vol.24, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2013.24.2.277