- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Outlier detection using Grubb test and Cochran test in clinical data
그럽 및 코크란 검정을 이용한 임상자료의 이상치 판단
- Sohn, Ki-Cheul (School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Shin, Im-Hee (School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2012.05.10
- Accepted : 2012.06.07
- Published : 2012.07.31
There are very small values and/or very big values which get out of the normal range for survey data in various fields. The reasons of occurrence for outlier are two. One of them is the error in process of data input and the other is the strange response of the respondent. If the data has outliers, then the summary statistics such as the mean and the variance produce misleading information. Therefore, researcher should be careful in detecting the outlier in data. In particular, it is very important problem for clinical fields because the cost of experiment is very high. This article introduce the Grubb test and Cochran test to detect outliers in the data and we apply this method for clinical data.
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Ahn, B. J. and Seo, H. S. (2011). Outlier detection using dynamic plots. The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 24, 979-986. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2011.24.5.979
- Barret, V. and Lewis, T. (1994). Outliers in statistical data, 3rd Edition, John Wiley, England.
- Burke, S. (2001). Missing values, outliers, robust statistics and non-parametric methods. Statistics and Data Analysis, LC.GC Europe online Supplement, 19-24.
- Gentleman, J. F. and Wilk, M. B. (1975). Detecting outliers II: Supplementing the direct analysis of residuals. Biometrics, 31, 387-410. https://doi.org/10.2307/2529428
- Little, R. J. A. and Rubin, D. B. (1987). Statistical analysis with missing data, John Wiley & Sons, United States of America.
- Seo, H. S. and Yoon, M. (2011). Outlier detection using support vertor machines. Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 18, 171-177. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2011.18.2.171
- Song, G. M., Moon, J. E. and Park, C. (2011). Realization of an outlier detection algorithm using R. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 449-458.
- Ulleberg, T., Robben, J., Nordahl, K. M., Ulleberg, T. and Heiene, R. (2011). Plasma creatinine in dogs: Intra and inter laboratory variation in 10 European veterinary laboratories. Acta Velerinaria Scandinavica, 53, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1751-0147-53-1
- Walfish, S. (2006). A review of statistical outlier methods. Pharmaceutical Technology, 2, 1-5.
- Outlier detection and treatment in industrial sampling survey vol.27, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.1.131