- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study for the sampling method using simulation in clinical data
시뮬레이션을 이용한 임상자료의 샘플링 방법 연구
- Sohn, Ki-Cheul (School of Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Kim, Dal-Ho (Department of Statistics, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2012.05.28
- Accepted : 2012.06.22
- Published : 2012.07.31
There are lots of sampling design which is determined for sample survey in various fields. Especially, it is important problem for clinical data because basic characteristic variables by group which consist of experiment group and control group in population should be reflect to sample. Therefore, frequencies, center scales and dispersion scales of variables by group in population should be similar in sample. But usual sampling design is very complicate so it is difficult to use in practice for researcher. In this paper, we consider the sampling method using simulation. We applied the proposed method to colon cancer data from a hospital. We compare basic characteristic variables between population and sample with mean, frequency and statistic hypothesis test.
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Bellhouse, D. R. (1988). Systematic sampling. In Handbook of Statistics 6: Sampling, edited by Krishnaiah, P. R. and Rao, C. R., North-Holland, Amsterdam, 125-145.
- Choi H. S. and Kim T. Y. (2010). A study on sampling using the function of excel. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 481-491.
- Cochran, W. G. (1977). Sampling techniques, 3rd ed., Wiley, New York.
- Heo S. Y. and Chang D. J. (2010). A sample survey design for service satisfaction evaluation of regional education offices. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 669-679.
- Kim K. S., Jeon J. W. and Park H. N. (1994). Sample designs of the farm population survey and the livestock survey. The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 1, 1012-1020.
- Kim D. H., Hwang J. S. and Kwak S. G. (2010). A sample design for the survey on actual state of SMEs. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 1021-1029.
- Kish, L. (1965). Survey sampling, Wiley, New York.