- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Switching properties of CUSUM charts for controlling mean vector
- Chang, Duk-Joon (Department of Statistics, Changwon National University) ;
- Heo, Sun-Yeong (Department of Statistics, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2012.06.30
- Accepted : 2012.07.24
- Published : 2012.07.31
Some switching properties of multivariate control charts are investigated when the interval between two consecutive sample selections is not fixed but changes according to the result of the previous sample observation. Many articles showed that the performances of variable sampling interval control charts are more efficient than those of fixed sampling interval control charts in terms of average run length (ARL) and average time to signal (ATS). Unfortunately, the ARL and the ATS do not provide any information on how frequent a switch is being made. We evaluate several switching properties of two sampling interval Shewhart and CUSUM procedures for controlling mean vector of correlated quality variables.
Supported by : Changwon National University
- Amin, R. W. and Hemasinha, R. (1993). The switching behavior of X charts with variable sampling intervals. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 22, 2081-2102. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929308831136
- Amin, R. W. and Letsinger. W. C. (1991). Improved swiching rules in control procedures using variable sampling intervals. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 20, 205-230. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610919108812949
- Arnold, J. C. (1970). A Markovian sampling policy applied to quality monitoring of streams. Biomerics, 26, 739-747. https://doi.org/10.2307/2528720
- Bai, D. S. and Lee, K. T. (2002). Variable sampling interval X control charts with an improved switching rule. International Journal of Production Economics, 76, 189-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5273(01)00161-X
- Chang, D. J. and Heo, S. (2006). Performances of VSI multivariate control charts with accumulate-combine approach. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 17, 973-982.
- Chang, D. J., Kwon, Y. M. and Hong, Y. W. (2003). Markovian EWMA control chart for several correlated quality characteristics. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 14, 1045-1053.
- Chengular-Smith, I. N., Arnold, J. C. and Reynolds, M. R., Jr. (1989). Variable sampling intervals for multiparameter Shewhart charts. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 18, 1769-1792. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610928908830000
- Cho, G. Y. (2010). Multivariate Shewhart control charts with variable sampling intervals. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 999-1008.
- Im, C. D. and Cho, G. Y. (2009). Multiparameter CUSUM charts with variable sampling intervals. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 593-599.
- Reynolds, M. R., Jr. and Arnold, J. C. (1989). Optimal one-sided Shewhart control charts with variable sampling intervals between samples. Sequential Analysis, 8, 51-77. https://doi.org/10.1080/07474948908836167
- Ryu, J. H. and Wan, H. (2010). Optimal design of a CUSUM chart for a mean shift of unknown size. Journal of Quality Technology, 42, 311-326.
- Smeach, S. C. and Jernigan, R. W. (1977). Further aspect of a Markovian sampling policy for water quality monitoring. Biometrics, 33, 41-46. https://doi.org/10.2307/2529301
- Switching properties of bivariate Shewhart control charts for monitoring the covariance matrix vol.26, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.6.1593
- Multivariate control charts for monitoring correlation coefficients in dispersion matrix vol.23, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.5.1037