- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Resistance Factors and Relationships for Measurements in Fluvial Rivers
충적하천 실측자료의 저항계수와 관계식
- Lee, Jong-Seok ;
- Julien, Pierre Y. (Colorado State University)
- 이종석 (한밭대학교 토목공학과) ;
- Received : 2012.04.23
- Accepted : 2012.06.20
- Published : 2012.07.28
This study is used to analyze the distribution of resistance factors and the relationships of flow resistance with the field measurements which consist of the total 2,604 rivers for 1,865 bed material in natural channels and 739 vegetation in vegetated channels. Resistance factor relationships and distribution range of Manning roughness coefficients and Darcy-Weisbach friction coefficients by the regression analysis are derived from the power law form as a function of flow discharge and friction slope with bed materials and vegetations in natural and vegetated rivers, respectively.
Fluvial Rivers;Measurements;Regression Analysis;Power Law Form;Darcy-Weisbach Friction Factor
- 이종석, 하천공학 및 설계, 도서출판 새론, p.600, 2010.
- 이종석, "자연하천 현장자료를 이용한 저항계수의 결정", 대한토목학회 논문집, 제32권, 제2B호, pp.139-147, 2012.
- 이종석, P. Y. Julien, 김재훈, 이태우, "식생하천의 현장자료를 이용한 조도계수 관계식 유도", 한국 수자원학회 논문집, 제45권, 제2호, pp.137-149, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2012.45.2.137
- W. K. Annable, Database of morphologic characteristics of watercourse in Southern Ontario, Ontario, Ministry of Natural Resources, p.212, 1996.
- H. H. Barnes, Roughness characteristics of natural channels, USGS Water-Supply, Paper 1849, Washington, p.213, 1967.
- D. I. Bray and K. S. Davar, "Resistance to flow in gravel-bed rivers," CJCE, Vol.14, No.1, pp.77-86, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1139/l87-010
- C. L. Chen, "Flow resistance in broad shallow grassed channels," J. Hydraul Div., Vol.102, No.3, pp.307-322, 1976.
- L. Chen, "Theoretical analyses for interaction between vegetation bending and flow," Conference Proc., Division of Hydrologic Sciences, Desert Research Institute, pp.1443-1450, 2010.
- V. T. Chow, Open-channel hydraulics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1959.
- W. F. Coon, Estimation of roughness coefficients for natural stream channels with vegetated banks, USGS, Water Supply Paper 2441, Prepared in cooperation with the New York State Department of Transportation, p.133, 1998.
- W. L. Cowan, "Estimating hydraulic roughness coefficients," Agric. Eng., Vol.37, No.7, pp.473-475, 1956.
- G. E. Freeman, R. R. Copeland, and W. J. Rahmeyer, "Field determination of Manning's n values for shrubs and woody vegetation," Proc. of the Wetlands Engineering River Restoration Conference, ASCE, Denver, Colorado, 1998.
- D. F. Gillen, Determination of roughness coefficients for streams in West-Central Florida: Tampa, FL, USGS, Open-File report OFR-96-226, 1996.
- G. A. Griffiths, "Flow resistance in coarse gravel bed rivers," J. Hydraul Div., Vol.107, No.7, pp.899-918, 1981.
- F. M. Henderson, Open channel flow, New York, Macmillan, 1966.
- D. M. Hicks and P. D. Mason, Roughness characteristics of New Zealand rivers, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Ltd, New Zealand, p.329, 1998.
- R. D. arrett, Determination of roughness coefficients for streams in Colorado, USGS, WRI Report 85-4004, 1985.
- H. E. Jobson and D. C. Froehlich, Basic hydraulic principles of open-channel flow, USGS, Open-File Report 88-707, 1988.
- P. Y. Julien, River mechanics, Cambridge University Press, p.434, 2002.
- P. Y. Julien, Erosion and sedimentation, 2nd edition, Cambridge University Press, p.371, 2010.
- E. W. Lane and E. J. Carlson, "Some factors affecting the stability of canals constructed in coarse granular materials," Proc. IAHR, 5th Congress, Minneapolis, 1953.
- S. Lang, A. Ladson, B. Anderson, and I. Rutherford, An Australian handbook of stream roughness coefficients. Stream roughness, Four case studies from Victoria, AJWR, p.28, 2004.
- J. S. Lee and P. Y. Julien, "Downstream hydraulic geometry of alluvial channels," J. Hydraul Engr., Vol.132, No.12, pp.1347-1352, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(2006)132:12(1347)
- J. T. Limerinos, Determination of the Manning coefficient for measured bed toughness in natural channels, Water Supply paper 1898-B, USGS, Washington D.C., 1970.
- E. Meyer-Peter and R. Müller, "Formulas for bed-load transport," Proc. IAHR, Third Annual Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, pp.39-64, 1948.
- V. Nikora, S. Larned, N. Nikora, K. Debnath, G. Cooper, and M. Reid, "Hydraulic resistance due to aquatic vegetation in small streams: Field study," J. Hydraul Engr., Vol.134, No.9, pp.1326-1332, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(2008)134:9(1326)
- E. Pasche and G. Rouve, "Overbank flow with vegetatively roughed flood plains," J. Hydraulic Engr., Vol.111, No.9, pp.1262-1278, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1985)111:9(1262)
- J. V. Phillips and T. L. Ingersoll, Verification of roughness coefficients for selected natural and constructed stream channels in Arizona, USGS, Professional Paper 1584, 1998.
- P. L. Rousseeuw, I. Ruts, and J. W. Tukey, "The bagplot: A bivariate boxplot," The American Statistician, Vol.53, No.4, pp.382-387, 1999.
- J. W. Tukey, Exploratory data analysis, Addison-Wesley, 1977.
- D. T. Soong, T. M. Halfar, and C. D. Prater, Estimating Manning's roughness coefficients for natural and man-made streams in Illinois, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 2009.
- F. C. Wu, H. W. Shen, and Y. J. Chou, "Variation of roughness coefficients for unsubmerged and submerged vegetation," J. Hydraul Engr., Vol.125, No.9, pp.934-942, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1999)125:9(934)
- B. C. Yen, "Open channel flow resistance," J. Hydraul Engr., Vol.128, No.1, pp.20-39, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(2002)128:1(20)