- Volume 7 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Measurement-based Static Load Modeling Using the PMU data Installed on the University Load
Han, Sang-Wook;Kim, Ji-Hun;Lee, Byong-Jun;Song, Hwa-Chang;Kim, Hong-Rae;Shin, Jeong-Hoon;Kim, Tae-Kyun
- Received : 2011.07.05
- Accepted : 2012.03.29
- Published : 2012.09.01
Load modeling has a significant influence on power system analysis and control. In recent years, measurement-based load modeling has been widely practiced. In the load modeling algorithm, the model structure is determined and the parameters of the established model are estimated. For parameter estimation, least-squares optimization method is applied. The model parameters are estimated so that the error between the measured values and the predicted values is to be minimized. By introducing sliding window concept, on-line load modeling method can be performed which reflects the dynamic behaviors of loads in real-time. For the purpose of data acquisition, the measurement system including PMU is implemented in university level. In this paper, case studies are performed using real PMU data from Korea Univ. and Seoul National University of Science and Technology. The performances of modeling real and reactive power behaviors using exponential and ZIP load model are evaluated.
Load modeling;Measurement-based approach;Parameter estimation;PMU
- MA Jin, HAN Dong and HE RenMu, "Measurementbased Load Modeling: Theory and Application", Science in China Series E: Technological Sciences, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 606-617, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11431-007-0069-2
- Sang-Gyun Kang, Sangsoo Seo, Byongjun Lee, Byunghoon Chang and Rohae Myung, "Centralized Control Algorithm for Power System Performance using FACTS Devices in the Korean Power System," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol.5, No.3, pp. 353-362, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.3.353
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 1994
- He Renmu, Ma Jin, David J., "Composite Load Modeling via Measurement Approach" IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 21, no. 2, May 2006.
- IEEE Task Force Report, "Load representation of dynamic performance analysis," Paper 92WM126-3 PWRD, presented at the IEEE PES Winter Meeting, New York, January 26-30, 1992.
- Byoung-Kon Choi, "Development of Composite Load Models of Power Systems using On-line Measurement Data," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology. Vol. 1. No.2. pp.161-169. 2006. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2006.1.2.161
- Christian Rehtanz, "Wide Area Protection and Online Stability Assessment based on Phasor Measurements", Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control V, August 26-31, 2001, Onomichi, Japan.
- Sangwook HAN, Sangsoo SEO, Sanggyun KANG, Byongjun LEE, "Real-time voltage stability monitoring emulator using Hypersim", presented at the ICEE, Hongkong, 2007.
- Sanghyun Park, "On-line Static Load Modeling using Measurement Data," M.D. dissertation, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University, 2006.
- B.-Y. Choi, Z. Bien, "ELECTRONICS LETTERS" 28th September 1989 Vol. 25 No. 20
- HYPERSIM, "Reference Guide Manual", TransEnergieTechnologies
- Study of the Effectiveness of a Korean Smart Transmission Grid Based on Synchro-Phasor Data of K-WAMS vol.4, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2013.2240321
- Development of the automatic load modelling system using PQM data on industry site vol.7, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/22348972.2016.1158350
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)