- Volume 21 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Inactivation of Ralstonia Solanacearum Using Aquatic Plasma Process
수중 Plasma 공정을 이용한 Ralstonia Solanacearum 불활성화
Back, Sang-Eun;Kim, Dong-Seog;Park, Young-Seek
- Received : 2012.01.20
- Accepted : 2012.07.19
- Published : 2012.07.31
A dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) plasma reactor was investigated for the inactivation of Ralstonia Solanacearum which causes bacterial wilt in aquiculture. The DBD plasma reactor of this study was divided into power supply unit, gas supply unit and plasma reactor. The plasma reactor consisted of a quartz dielectric tube, discharge electrode (inner) and ground electrode (outer). The experimental results showed that the optimum 1st voltage, 2nd voltage, air flow rate and pH were for 100 V (1st voltage), 15 kV (2nd voltage), 4 L/min, and pH 3, respectively. At a low 1st voltage, shoulder and tailing off phenomena was observed. The shoulder phenomenon was decreased as the increase of 1st voltage. R. Solanacearum disinfection in the lower air flow rate was showed shoulder and tailing off phenomenon because the active species generated less. Under optimum condition, shoulder and tailing off phenomenon was reduced. When the 2nd voltage was less than 7.5 kV, tailing off phenomenon was observed and this was not vanishes even though the increase of the disinfection time. The inactivation efficiency increased as the increase of air flow rate, however, the efficiency decreased when the air flow rate was above 4 L/min. R. Solanacearum disinfection at pH 3 showed somewhat higher than in pH 11. The pH effect of R. Solanacearum deactivation is less than the impact on other factor.
Dielectric barrier discharge plasma;Inactivation;Ralstonia Solanacearum;Optimum operation condition
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2011a, Optimization of air-plasma and oxygen-plasma process for water treatment using central composite design and response surface methodology, J. Environ Sci., 20(7), 907-917. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.7.907
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2011b, A basic study of plasma reactor of dielectric barrier discharge for the water treatment, J. Environ Sci., 20(5), 623-630. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.5.623
Son, H. H., Lee, W. G., 2011, Treatment of Ar/
$O_2$atmospheric pressure plasma for sterilization, Appl. Chem. Eng., 22(3), 261-265.
- Yu, S. O., Choi, K. Y., Jeon K. S., Bae. J, H., 2006, Development of optimal nutrient solution of cherry tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill. 'KoKo') in a closed soilless culture system, J. Bio. Environ., 15(1), 54-60.
- Jung, Y, J., 2006, Evaluation of the sequential and combined disinfection processes using ozone and UV: a study on the inactivation of indicator microorganism, Master degree, Yonsei University.
- Jung, J. W., Park, J, W., Lee, C. S., 2010, Effects of operating parameters on dissolved ozone and phenol degradation in ozone contact reactor, J. Environ. Eng., 32(3), 241-247.
- Acher, A., Heuer, B., Rubinskaya, E., Fischer, E. E., 1997, Use of ultraviolet-disinfected nutrient solutions in green houses, J. Hort. sci., 72, 117-123.
- Chen, Y. S., Zhang, X. S., Dai, Y. C., Yuan, W. K., 2004, Pulsed high-voltage discharge plasma for degradation of phenol in aqueous solution. Sepa. and Puri. Tech., 34, 5-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1383-5866(03)00169-2
- Ahn, J. W., Ku, J. H., 1998, Influence of N-P-K nutrient levels on ozone susceptibility of tomato plant, Kor. J. Environ. Agri., 17(4), 352-357.
- Cho, J. Y., Seok, S. B., Chung, S. J., 2000, Present status and prosspect of sterilization of nutrient solution for recycled hydroponics, Kor. J. Hort. Sci. & Technol., 18(6), 890-899.
- Coast, Cr., Botta, C. M. R., Espindola, E. L. G., Oliva. P., 2008, Electrochemical treatment of tannery wastewater using DSA electrodes, J. Hazard. Mater., 153, 616-627. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.09.005
- Gyurek, L. L., Finch, G. R., 1998, Modeling water treatment chemical disinfection kinetics, J. Environ. Eng., 124(9), 783-793. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1998)124:9(783)
- Hoigen, J., Bader H., 1983, Rate constants of reaction of ozone with organic an inorganic compounds in water, Wat. Res., 10, 185-194.
- Joshi, A. A., Locke, B. R., Arce, P., Finney, W. C., 1995, Formation of hydroxyl radicals, hydrogen peroxide and aqueous electrons by pulsed streamer corona discharge in aqueous solution, J. of Hazard. Mater., 41, 3-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3894(94)00099-3
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2011, Removal of Rhodamine B Dye Using a Water Plasma Process, J. Environ Sci. 37(3), 218-225.
- Lee, J. S., Choi, J. H., Seo, S. T., Han, K. S., Park, J. H., Jang, H. I., 2005, Control of tomato wilt disease by amending pH of nutrient solution in hydroponic system, Res. Plant Dis., 11(2), 193-197. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2005.11.2.193
- Lukes, P., Appleton, A. T., Locke, B. R., 2004, Hydrogen peroxide and ozone formation in hybrid gas-liquid electrical discharge reactors, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 40(1), 60-67. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.821799
- Mok, C. Y., Song, D. M., 2010, Low-pressure plasma inactivation of Escherichia coli, Food Een. Pro., 14(3), 202-207.
- Nam, Y. I., 2004, Present status and future prospects for development of closed hydroponics in Korea, Kor. Res. Soc. Protected Hort., 17(1), 1-7.
- Rural Development Adminstration, 2006, Closed hydroponic system and techniques suitable for korean protected cultivation environments, 32.
- Seo, M. J., 2010, Disinfection effects of ozone and secondary disinfectants on Bacillus subtilis spore, University of Seoul, Master degree.
- Sugiarto, A. T., Ito, S., Ohshima, T., Sato, M,. Skalny, J. D.,. 2003, Oxidative decolorization of dyes by pulsed discharge plasma in water, J. Electrosts., 58, 135-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3886(02)00203-6
- Terazoe, H., Yoshihara, T., Nakaya, K., 1995, Development of hydroponic system using agriculture waste(2)-utilization of ozone for sterilization of nutrient solution, Abiko Res. Lab. Rep. No. U98007, 1-12.
- A Study on the Ralstonia Solanacearum Inactivation using Improved Plasma Process vol.23, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.3.369
- A Study on the Inactivation of Phytophthora Blight Pathogen (Phytophthora capsici) using Plasma Process vol.23, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.9.1601
- Application of Inactivation Model on Phytophthora Blight Pathogen (Phytophthora capsici) using Plasma Process vol.24, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.11.1393
Supported by : 한국연구재단