- Volume 21 Issue 7
This study analyzed mass concentrations of TSP, PM10 and PM2.5 and elemental constituents according to the isentropic backward trajectories of air parcel from Cheongwonin East Asia during the period January - October, 2011. Mass concentrations of the continental polluted airflow (CP) showed levels of TSP and PM10 mass concentrations higher than the continental background airflow (CB). Also, PM2.5 mass concentrations of anthropogenic fine particles ran higher in CP than in CB. The elemental constituents and elemental constituent ratio ended up varying depending on the origin of atmospheric aerosols generated. The average absolute content of elemental constituents reached its height in CB, the ratio of anthropogenically originating elements (PE) among the all elements (AE) analyzed marked a high in CP, and Mg+Na/AE reached its height in the oceanic airflow (OA). At the same time, TSP, PM10 and PM2.5 mass concentrations, the ratio of PM2.5/TSP and PE/AE element ratio ran higher in CP than CB. Episodes of large-scale transport of atmospheric pollutants as observed at Cheongwon were 8 cases and 22 days. The ratios of PM10, PM2.5 among TSP mass concentrations showed different results and the ratios of PM2.5 showed an increasing trend in the episodes of anthropogenic air pollution transport. Overall, dustfall episodes show a level of elemental constituents higher than those of anthropogenic air pollution.Dustfall episodes were observed to contain more of Fe, Al and Ca originating from continental soils and those of air pollution were observed to contain more of Zn, Mn, Cu and Pb. By difference in contents of absolute elemental constituents, episodes of anthropogenic air pollution showed a high PE/AE rate, and dustfall episodes a high SE/AE rate.
Backward trajectory;Mass concentration(TSP, PM10 and PM2.5);Elemental constituents;Mineral dustfall;Anthropogenic air pollution
- 김학성, 윤마병, 손정주, 2010, 2008년 동아시아 대륙으로부터 기원이 다른 먼지와 인위적 오염입자의 광역적 이동사례에 대한 분석, 한국지구과학학회, 31, 600-607.
- 김학성, 정용승, 2009, 2005년 동아시아지역에서 발생한 모래폭풍과 먼지침전(황사)의 관측, 한국지구과학학회, 30, 196-209.
- 송승주, 김영미, 김승범, 전영신, 백선균, 김영아, 김환승, 김세진, 이단, 김준, 2009, 2009년 봄철 서울에서 관측한 황사 및 연무현상에 따른 에어로졸의 물리․화학 및 광학 특성, 한국기상학회 2009년도가을학술대회논문집, 480-481.
- 이해영, 김승범, 김정은, 신범철, 조창범, 송승주, 임재철, 김성헌, 정관영, 2008, 2008년 봄철 서울지역에 어로졸의 물리.화학적특성, 한국기상학회 2008년도 가을학술대회논문집, 330-331.
- 최만식, 박은주, 1999, 제주도 대기분진 중 미량금속의 농도 특성, 한국대기환경학회지, 15, 727-738.
- 최재천, 조하만, 박기준, 김산, 1999, 서울과 안면도에서 관측된 에어로졸의 화학적 특성 비교, 한국기상학회지, 35, 398-404.
- Al-Saardi, J., Szykman, J., Pierce, R. B., Kittaka, C., Neil, D., Chu, D. A., Remer, L., Gumley, L., Prins, E., Weinstock, L., MacDonald, C., Wayland, R., Dimmick, F., Fishman, J., 2005, Improving national air quality forecasts with satellite aerosol observations, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 86, 1249-1261. https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-86-9-1249
- Charlson, R. J., Lovelock, J. E., Andreae, M. O., Warren, S. G., 1987, Oceanic phytoplankton, atmospheric sulfur, cloud albedo and climate, Nature, 326, 655-661. https://doi.org/10.1038/326655a0
- Chung, Y. S., Kim, H. S., Jugder, D., Natsagdorj, L., Chen, S. J., 2003, On sand and duststorms and associated significant dustfall observed in Chongju- Cheongwon, Korea during 1997-2000, Water, Air, and Soil Pollution: Focus, 3, 5-19.
- Chung, Y. S., Kim, H. S., 2008, Observations of massive- air pollution transport and associated air quality in the Yellow Sea region, Air Quality, Atmosphere and Health, 1, 69-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11869-008-0014-y
- Draxler, R. R., Rolph, G. D., 2003, HYSPLIT (HYbrid Single-Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectory) Model, Available online at: http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php (accessed October 2011).
- Hemy, W. M., Knapp, K. T., 1980, Compound fonns of fossi1 fuel fly ash emissions, Environmental Science and Technology, 14, 450-456. https://doi.org/10.1021/es60164a010
- Kim, H. S., Chung, Y. S., 2008, Satellite and ground observations for large-scale air pollution transport in the Yellow Sea Region, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 60, 103-116. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10874-008-9111-4
- Rahn, K. A., Lowenthal, D. H., Harris, J. M., 1989, Long-range transport of pollution aerosol from Asia and the Arctic to Okushm Island, Japan, Atmospheric Environment, 23, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(89)90091-7
- Rosenfield, D., Lensky, I. M., 1998, Satellite-based insights into precipitation formation processes in continental and maritime convective clouds, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, 79, 2457-2476. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0477(1998)079<2457:SBIIPF>2.0.CO;2
- Seinfeld, J. H., Pandis, S. N., 1998, Atmospheric chemistry and physics- From air pollution to climate change, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1326.
- Sokolik, I. N., Toon, O. B., 1996, Direct radiative forcing by anthropogenic airborne mineral aerosols, Nature, 381, 681-683. https://doi.org/10.1038/381681a0
- Streets, D. G., Waldhoff, S. T., 2000, Present and future emissions of air pollutants in China: SO2, NOx, and CO, Atmospheric Environment, 34, 363-374. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(99)00167-3
- 1. An Analysis of Aerosol Direct Radiative Forcing Using Satellite Data in East Asia During 2001-2010 vol.22, pp.8, 2013, doi:10.5322/JES.2012.21.7.855
- 2. in Jeju Area vol.23, pp.3, 2014, doi:10.5322/JES.2012.21.7.855
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단