- Volume 17 Issue 2
To evaluate the effect of the 4 major rivers restoration project in the Nakdong River to water quality of the river, the Environmental Fluid Dynamics Code (EFDC) and Water Quality Analysis Simulation Program (WASP), are applied in series. Results showed overall decrease in biochemical oxygen demand (
Chl-a;Eutrophication;Nakdong River;The 4 major rivers restoration project;Water quality management;Water quality modelling
- Seo D. in Basin Environment management for the successful four great rivers project Korea. J. Korean Soc. Civil Eng. 2009;57:26-28.
- Jun KS, Kim JS. The four major rivers restoration project: impacts on river flows. KSCE J. Civil Eng. 2011;15:217-224. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-011-0002-x
- Chapra SC. Surface water quality modeling. London: Mc- Graw-Hill; 1997.
- Thomann RV, Mueller JA. Principles of surface water quality modeling and control. New York: Harper & Row; 1987.
- Ambrose RB, Wool TA, Barnwell TO. Development of water quality modeling in the United States. Environ. Eng. Res. 2009;14:200-210. https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2009.14.4.200
- Franceschini S, Tsai CW. Assessment of uncertainty sources in water quality modeling in the Niagara River. Adv. Water Resour. 2010;33:493-503. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2010.02.001
- Liu Z, Kingery WL, Huddleston DH, et al. Modeling nutrient dynamics under critical flow conditions in three tributaries of St. Louis Bay. J. Environ. Sci. Health A Tox. Hazard. Subst. Environ. Eng. 2008;43:633-645. https://doi.org/10.1080/10934520801893725
- DiToro DM, Fitzpatrick JJ, Thomann RV. Documentation for water quality analysis simulation program (WASP) and model verification program (MVP). Chicago: US Environmental Protection Agency; 1983. EPA-600-3-81-044.
- Ambrose RB, Wool TA, Connolly JP, Schanz RW. WASP4, a hydrodynamic and water quality model: model theory, user's manual and programmer's guide. Chicago: US Environmental Protection Agency; 1988. EPA-600-3-87-039.
- Ambrose RB, Wool TA, Martin JL. The water quality analysis simulation program, WASP5 part A: model documentation. Athens: Environmental Research Laboratory, US Environmental Protection Agency; 1993.
- Hamrick JM. A three-dimensional environmental fluid dynamics computer code: theoretical and computational aspects. Gloucester Point: College of Williams and Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science; 1992.
- Hamrick JM. Linking hydrodynamic and biogeochemical transport models for estuarine and coastal waters. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Estuarine and Coastal Modeling; 1993 Sep 8-10; Oak Brook, IL. New York: American Society of Civil Engineers; 1994. p. 591-608
- Johnson BH, Kim KW, Heath RE, Hsieh BB, Butler HL. Validation of three-dimensional hydrodynamic model of Chesapeake Bay. J. Hydraul. Eng. 1993;119:2-20. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1993)119:1(2)
- Hamrick JM. User's manual for the environmental fluid dynamics computer code. Gloucester Point: College of Williams and Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science; 1996.
- Wool TA, Davie SR, Rodriguez HN. Development of threedimensional hydrodynamic and water quality models to support total maximum daily load decision process for the Neuse River estuary, North Carolina. J. Water Resour. Plan. Manag. 2003;129:295-306. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(2003)129:4(295)
- Seo MJ, Seo D, Lee YS, Yoon JH. 2-dimensional hydrodynamic and water quality analysis of water quality of the Geum River using EFDC and WASP7.2. Proceedings of the Korea Water Resources Association Conference; 2008 May 22-23; Daejeon, Korea. Seoul: Korea Water Resources Association; 2008. p. 1953-1956.
- Seo D, Sigdel R, Kwon KH, Lee YS. 3-D hydrodynamic modeling of Yongdam Lake, Korea using EFDC. Desalination Water Treat. 2010;19:42-48. https://doi.org/10.5004/dwt.2010.1894
- Seo D, Yu H. Error analysis of a steady state water quality model, QUAL2E using a combination of EFDC hydro and WASP7.2. Proceedings of IWA World Water Congress; 2008 Sep 7-12; Vienna, Austria. London: International Water Association; 2008.
- Seo D, Kim MA. Application of EFDC and WASP7 in series for water quality modelling of the Yongdam Lake, Korea. J. Korea Water Resour. Assoc. 2011;44:439-447. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.6.439
- Park SS, Lee YS. A water quality modeling study of the Nakdong River, Korea. Ecol. Model. 2002;152:65-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3800(01)00489-6
- Kim DK, Hong DG, Kim HW, Joo GJ, Jeong KS. Longitudinal patterns in limnological characteristics based on long-term ecological research in the Nakdong River. J. Ecol. Field Biol. 2011;34:39-47. https://doi.org/10.5141/JEFB.2011.006
- Jeong WJ, Ji U, Yeo WK. Sensitivity analysis of bed changes for different sediment transport formulas using the HEC-6 model - the lower Nakdong River. J. Environ. Sci. 2010;19:1219- 1227. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.10.1219
- Eum HI, Simonovic SP. Integrated reservoir management system for adaptation to climate change: the Nakdong River basin in Korea. Water Resour. Manag. 2010;24:3397-3417. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-010-9612-1
- Kim MC, Jeong KS, Kang DK, Kim DK, shin HS, Joo GJ. Time lags between hydrological variables and phytoplankton biomass responses in a regulated river (the Nakdong River). J. Ecol. Field Biol. 2009;32:221-227. https://doi.org/10.5141/JEFB.2009.32.4.221
- Lee EH, Seo D. Estimation of pollutant load to Yongdam reservoir considering rainfall effect. J. Korea Water Resour. Assoc. 2003;36:521-531. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2003.36.4.521
- Jones JR, McEachern P, Seo D. Empirical evidence of monsoon influences on Asian Lakes. Aquat. Ecosyst. Health Manag. 2009;12:129-137. https://doi.org/10.1080/14634980902907342
- Assessment of Future Climate Change Impact on Water Quality of Chungju Lake, South Korea, Using WASP Coupled with SWAT vol.49, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- The Research and Application Progress of Environmental Fluid Dynamics Code vol.03, pp.03, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- A Structurally Simplified Hybrid Model of Genetic Algorithm and Support Vector Machine for Prediction of Chlorophyll a in Reservoirs vol.7, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- Analysis of optimum grid determination of water quality model with 3-D hydrodynamic model using environmental fluid dynamics code (EFDC) vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- Fuzzy Logic Method for Evaluating Habitat Suitability in an Estuary Affected by Land Reclamation vol.36, pp.S1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- Limnological assessment of the meteo-hydrological and physicochemical factors for summer cyanobacterial blooms in a regulated river system vol.52, pp.2100-000X, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- Seasonal Variation in Flocculation Potential of River Water: Roles of the Organic Matter Pool vol.9, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095
- Enhanced Two Dimensional Hydrodynamic and Water Quality Model (CE-QUAL-W2) for Simulating Mercury Transport and Cycling in Water Bodies vol.9, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2012.17.2.095