- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Enhancement of Impact Resistance of Layered Steel Fiber Reinforced High Strength Concrete Beam
층 구조를 갖는 강섬유 보강 고강도 콘크리트 보의 충격저항성능 향상
- Yoo, Doo-Yeol (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Min, Kyung-Hwan (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Jin-Young (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Yoon, Young-Soo (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2012.01.06
- Accepted : 2012.05.02
- Published : 2012.08.31
The collapse of concrete structures by extreme loads such as impact, explosion, and blast from terrorist attacks causes severe property damage and human casualties. Concrete has excellent impact resistance to such extreme loads in comparison with other construction materials. Nevertheless, existing concrete structures designed without consideration of the impact or blast load with high strain rate are endangered by those unexpected extreme loads. In this study, to improve the impact resistance, the static and impact behaviors of concrete beams caste with steel fiber reinforced concrete (SFRC) with 0~1.5% (by volume) of 30 mm long hooked steel fibers were assessed. Test results indicated that the static and impact resistances, flexural strength, ductility, etc., were significantly increased when higher steel fiber volume fraction was applied. In the case of the layered concrete (LC) beams including greater steel fiber volume fraction in the tensile zone, the higher static and impact resistances were achieved than those of the normal steel fiber reinforced concrete beam with an equivalent steel fiber volume fraction. The impact test results were also compared with the analysis results obtained from the single degree of freedom (SDOF) system anaysis considering non-linear material behaviors of steel fiber reinforced concrete. The analysis results from SDOF system showed good agreement with the experimental maximum deflections.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Krauthammer, T., Modern Protective Structures, CRC Press, 2007.
- Malvar, L. J., Crawford, J. E., and Morrill, K. B., "Use of Composites to Resist Blast," Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 11, No. 6, 2007, pp. 601-610. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0268(2007)11:6(601)
- 류두열, 민경환, 이진영, 윤영수, "섬유 보강재로 외부 보강된 강섬유 보강 콘크리트 슬래브의 충격저항성능 평가," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 24권, 3호, 2012, pp. 293-303. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.3.293
- 조성훈, 민경환, 김윤지, 윤영수, "CFRP Sheet 및 강섬유로 보강된 RC 보의 충격저항성능 평가," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 22권, 5호, 2010, pp. 719-725.
- 이나현, 김성배, 김장호, 조윤구, "폭발하중을 받는 콘크리트 구조물의 실험적 거동분석: (2) 초고강도 콘크리트 및 RPC 슬래브의 실험 결과," 대한토목학회 논문집, 29 권, 5A호, 2009, pp. 565-575.
- Wu, C., Oehlers, D. J., Rebentrost, M., Leach, J., and Whittaker, A. S., "Blast Testing of Ultra-High Performance Fibre and FRP-Retrofitted Concrete Slabs," Engineering Structures, Vol. 31, No. 9, 2009, pp. 2060-2069. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.03.020
- Teng, T. L., Chu, Y. A., Chang, F. A, Shen, B. C., and Cheng, D. S., "Development and Validation of Numerical Model of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete for High-Velocity Impact," Computational Materials Science, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2008, pp. 90-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2007.06.013
- Shin, S. K., Kim, J. J. H., and Lim, Y. M., "Investigation of the Strengthening Effect of DFRCC Applied to Plain Concrete Beams," Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 11, No. 6, 2007, pp. 465-473.
- Park, K. S., Paulino, G. H., and Roesler, J., "Cohesive Fracture Model for Functionally Graded Fiber Reinforced Concrete," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 11, No. 6, 2010, pp. 956-965.
- Shen, B., Hubler, M., Paulino, G. H., and Struble, L. J., "Functionally-Graded Fiber-Reinforced Cement Composite: Processing, Microstructure, and Properties," Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 11, No. 6, 2008, pp. 663-673.
- Zhang, J., Leung, C. K. Y., and Cheung, Y. N., "Flexural Performance of Layered ECC-Concrete Composite Beam," Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 6, 2005, pp. 1501-1512.
- 민경환, 양준모, 김미혜, 윤임준, 윤영수, "층 구조를 갖는 하이브리드 PVA FRCC RC 보의 충격하중에서의 휨 거동," 한국콘크리트학회 가을학술대회 논문집, 23권, 2호, 2011, pp. 621-622.
- 양준모, 신현오, 민경환, 윤영수, "이질 보강근 및 섬유와 함께 보강된 FRP 보강근 보강 고강도 콘크리트 보의 휨 거동," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 23권, 3호, 2011, pp. 273-280. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.3.273
- Wang, N., Mindess, S., and Ko, K., "Fibre Reinforced Concrete Beams under Impact Loading," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 26, No. 3, 1996, pp. 363-376. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(96)85024-1
- Ati, C. D. and Karaham, O., "Properties of Steel Fiber Reinforced Fly Ash Concrete," Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2009, pp. 392-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2007.11.002
- Naaman, A. E. and Reinhardt, H. W., "Proposed Classification of HPFRC Composites Based on their Tensile Response," Materials and Structures, Vol. 39, No. 5, 2006, pp. 547-555.
- Habel, K. and Gauvreau, P., "Response of Ultra-High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concrete (UHPFRC) to Impact and Static Loading," Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 30, No. 10, 2008, pp. 938-946. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2008.09.001
- CEB-FIP, "Concrete Structures under Impact and Impulsive Loading," Bulletine No. 187, 1988.
- TM5-1300/AFR 88-2/NAVFAC P-39, Structures to Resist the Effects of Accidental Explosions, Joint Departments of the Army, Air Force and Navy Washington, DC, 1990.
- Comert, M. and Ilki, A., "Explosion Performance of a Ball Powder Production Facility," Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2010, pp. 326-336. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000108
- Chopra, A. K., Dynamics of Structures-Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2001.
- Ngo. T., Mendis, P., Gupta, A., and Ramsay, J., "Blast Loading and Blast Effects on Structures-An Overview," Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering, Special Issue: Loading on Structures, 2007, pp. 76-91.
- Effect of Different Energy Frames on the Impact Velocity of Strain Energy Frame Impact Machine vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.4.363
- Evaluation of Local Damages and Residual Performance of Blast Damaged RC Beams Strengthened with Steel Fiber and FRP Sheet vol.26, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2014.26.5.627