- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Shear Behaviors for Reinforced Concrete Beams Embedded with GFRP Plate with Openings
매립형 유공 GFRP 판으로 보강된 RC보의 전단거동에 관한 실험적 연구
- Choi, Jong-Hoon (Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kim, Min-Sook (Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Cheul (Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Lee, Young-Hak (Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2012.02.06
- Accepted : 2012.05.02
- Published : 2012.08.31
The purpose of this study is to experimentally investigate the shear behavior of reinforced concrete beams embedded with GFRP (glass fiber reinforced polymer) plate with openings. In this study, the parameters include the shape of reinforcement, reinforcement area, and thickness and width of reinforcements. The test was performed on 9 specimens with shear spanto-depth ratio of 2.8. When the reinforcement area was varied, the GFRP plate showed 3.6 times greater shear strength than steel stirrup. The test result showed that shear strength increased as reinforcement area increased. Also, when the shape of a parallelogram GFRP plate was used, it showed higher shear strength than that with rectangular shape. Effect of thickness and width of reinforcement showed that shear capacity increased as width increased. For a comparison study, a calculation of the shear strength of reinforced beams with GFRP plate based on the ACI 318M-08 was compared with the test results. The test results were compared with the maximum shear reinforcement areas required by ACI 318M-08, CSA-04, and EC2-02 provision.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Tang, W. C. and Lo, T. Y., "Shear Strengthening of Polystyrene Aggregate Concrete Beams with Near Surface Mounted GFRP Bars," Materials Research Innovations, Vol. 14, No. 2, 2010, pp. 138-145. https://doi.org/10.1179/143307510X12639910071511
- Nigro Emidio, Cefarelli Giuseppe, Bilotta Antonio, Gaetano Manfredi, and Edoardo Cosenza, "Fire Resistance of Concrete Slabs Reinforced with FRP Bars. Part I: Experimental Investigations on the Mechanical Behavior," Composites Part B-Engineering, Vol. 42, No. 6, 2011, pp. 1739-1750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.02.025
- EI-Sayed, A. K., EI-Salakawy, E. F., and Benmokrane, B., "Shear Capacity of High-Strength Concrete Beams Reinforced with FRP Bars," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 103, No. 3, 2010, pp. 383-389.
- Gravina, R. J. and Smith, S. T., "Flexural Behavior of Indeterminate Concrete Beams Reinforced with FRP Bars," Engineering Structures, Vol. 30, No. 9, 2008, pp. 2370-2380. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.12.019
- 이영학, 김민숙, 조장세, 김희철, "AFRP Rebar로 보강된 콘크리트 깊은보의 전단강도," 한국지진공학회 논문집, 13권, 6호, 2009, 19 pp. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2009.13.6.001
- Razaqpur, A. G. and Isgor, O. B., "Proposed Shear Design Method for FRP-Reinforced Concrete Members without Stirrups," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 103, No. 1, 2011, pp. 93-102.
- EI-Sayed, A. K., EI-Salakawy, E., and Benmokrane, B., "Mechanical and Structural Characterization of New Carbon FRP Stirrups for Concrete Members," Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2007, pp. 352-362. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0268(2007)11:4(352)
- Ehab A. Ahmed, EI-Salakawy, E. F., and Benmokrane, B., "Shear Performance of RC Bridge Girders Reinforced with Carbon FRP Stirrups," Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2010, pp. 44-54. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000035
- Hai H. Dinh, Gustavo J. Parra-Montesinos, and James K. Wight, "Shear Behavior of Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Beams without Stirrup Reinforcement," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 107, No. 5, 2010, pp. 597-606.
- 황현복, 문초화, 이정윤, "철근콘크리트 보의 최대 전단 철근비에 대한 평가," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 21권, 26호, 2009, pp. 719-727.
- ACI Committee 318M-08, "Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary (ACI318M-08)," American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, 2008, 159 pp.
- CSA Committee A23.3-04, "Design of Concrete Structures for Buildings CAV3-A23.3-04," Canadian Standard Association, Canada, 2004, 232 pp.
- Comete European de Normalisation (CEN), "Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete Structures, Part 1-General Rules and Rules for Buildings," prEN 1992, 2002, 211 pp.
- Evaluation of Shear Strength for Reinforced Flat Plates Embedded with GFRP Plates vol.27, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.2.121
- Evaluation of Punching Shear for Flat Plates Reinforced by Steel Plates vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.2.9
- Evaluation of Shear Capacity According to Transverse Spacing of Wide Beam Shear Reinforced with Steel Plate with Openings vol.28, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.3.259
- Evaluation of Shear Strength for Wide Beam using GFRP Plate Shear Reinforcement vol.28, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.3.267