- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Chloride Diffusion Coefficient at Reference Time for High Performance Concrete for Bridge Pylons in Marine Environment
해상교량 주탑용 고성능 콘크리트의 기준재령 염소이온 확산계수
- Yoon, Chul-Soo (Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Ki-Hyun (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California) ;
- Yang, Woo-Yong (Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd.) ;
- Cha, Soo-Won (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2012.02.27
- Accepted : 2012.05.02
- Published : 2012.08.31
High performance concrete mixes are selected and corresponding test specimens are made for the study of chloride diffusion coefficient at reference time. The concrete mixes were same designs as those used in construction of bridges located in a marine environment. Mix design variables included binder type, water-to-binder ratio, mineral admixtures to total binder weight substitution ratio, fine aggregate source, chemical water reducer admixture type for high strength and high flowability, and target slump or slump flow. The test results showed that the diffusion coefficients at reference time varied significantly according to the type of mineral admixtures and their substitution ratios. A model for diffusion coefficient at reference time considering the type of mineral admixture and the substitution ratio was developed. Diffusion coefficients from the developed model were compared with those from literature review, a previous model, and additional test results. All of the comparisons verified that the developed model can reasonably predict diffusion coefficients and the application of the model to the durability design against chloride penetration is appropriate.
Supported by : 울산대학교
- Mehta, P. K. and Monteiro, P. J. M., Concrete, Microstructure, Properties, and Materials, McGraw Hill, New York, 2006, pp. 176-183.
- Neville, A. M., Properties of Concrete, Prentice Hall, Essex, England, 1995, pp. 482-536.
- 김기현, 차수원, 장승엽, 장승필, "환경조건을 고려한 염소이온 침투해석 프로그램 개발," 대한토목학회 논문집, 28권, 5A호, 2008, pp. 709-718.
- 구현본, 김의태, 이광명, "철근콘크리트구조물의 염소이온 침투 모델," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 15권, 6호, 2003, pp. 25-34.
- Thomas, M. D. A. and Bamforth, P. B., "Modeling Chloride Diffusion in Concrete - Effect of Fly Ash and Slag," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 29, No. 4, 1999, pp. 487-495. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(98)00192-6
- 김기현, 차수원, "신뢰성 이론에 기반한 해양환경 콘크리트의 내구수명 평가," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 22권, 4호, 2010, pp. 595-603.
- 김지상, 정상화, 김주형, 이광명, 배수호, "염해를 받는 콘크리트 구조물의 확률론적 내구성 해석," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 18권, 2호, 2006, pp. 239-248. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2006.18.2.239
- 배수호, 이광명, 김지상, 정상화, "콘크리트의 염소이온 확산특성에 미치는 물-시멘트비 및 양생조건의 영향," 대한토목학회 논문집, 26권, 4A호, 2006, pp. 753-759.
- 문한영, 김홍삼, 최두선, "콘크리트 종류별 모세관공극 특성과 전위차 염소이온 확산계수," 대한토목학회 논문 집, 23권, 5A호, 2003, pp. 969-976.
- 배수호, 박재임, 이광명, 최성, "광물질 혼화재가 콘크리트 염소이온의 확산계수에 미치는 영향," 대한토목학회논문집, 29권, 4A호, 2009, pp. 347-353.
- 김기현, 차수원, "염소이온 노출개시시기를 고려한 기존 확산계수 모델 수정제안," 콘크리트학회 논문집, 21권, 3호, pp. 377-386. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2009.21.3.377
- Nordtest Method, NT BUILD 492, Concrete, Mortar and Cement-Based Repair Materials: Chloride Migration Coefficient from Non-Steady-State Migration Experiments, UDC 691.32/691.53/691.54, Approved 1999-11, pp. 1-8.
- Bentz, E. C. and Thomas, M. D. A., Life-365 Service Life Prediction Model and Computer Programe for Predicting the Service Life and Life-Cycle Costs of Reinforced Concrete Exposed to Chlorides, 2008, 67 pp.
- 일본콘크리트공학협회, 내구성설계지침(안), 일본콘크리트공학협회, 1991, 76 pp.
- Nordtest Method, NT BUILD 443, Concrete, Hardened: Accelerated Chloride Penetration, UDC 622.43, Approved 1995-11, pp. 1-5.
- Rob B. Polder, Gert van der Wegen, and Michel Boutz, "Performance Based Guideline for Service Life Design of Concrete for Civil Engineering Structures - A Proposal Discussed in the Netherlands," International RILEM Workshop on Performance Based Evaluation and Indicators for Concrete Durability, Madrid, Spain, 2006, 10 pp.
- Experimental Study on the Relationship between Time-Dependent Chloride Diffusion Coefficient and Compressive Strength vol.24, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.6.715