- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Differences in Foot Type According to Major in Left and Right Foot for Female College Students
전공과 좌우 양 발에 따른 여대생의 발 유형 분석
- Yi, Kyung-Ock (Department of Human Movement Studies, College of Health Science, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Hee (Department of Human Movement Studies, Graduate School of Ewha Womans University) ;
- Kim, You-Ryun (Department of Human Movement Studies, Graduate School of Ewha Womans University)
- Received : 2012.04.30
- Accepted : 2012.06.19
- Published : 2012.06.30
The purpose of this study is to analyze the differences in foot type of female college students according to academic major in both feet. The subjects for this study were 216 female students who took liberal arts classes in Seoul. Dependent variables were students' field of study -specifically whether or not they majored in physical education. Analysis of students' foot type and Malalignment Syndrome were measured using Resting Calcaneous Stance Position (RCSP). There were five categories for RCSP angle: Severe Pes Planus (<
- Bird, A. R., & Payne, C. B.(1999). Foot function and low back pain. The Foot, 9(4), 175-180. https://doi.org/10.1054/foot.1999.0563
- Decker W., & Albert S.(2002). Contemporary pedorthics. 1st edition. New York: Elton-Wolf.
- Donald, Lorimer(2002). Neals Disorders of the foot. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- Donatelli, R., Hurlbert, C., & Conway, D.(1988). Biomechanical foot orthotics; a retrospective study. J Orthop Sports Physical Therapy, 10, 205-212. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19126.96.36.199
- Han, H. W.(1985). A Study of sports player's foot feature : centering on weight lifting, archery, soccer and running. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Graduated School of Ewha Womans University.
- Jung, H. I.(1987). A study on the correlation between clark, foot print angle and basic physical fitness. The Collection Articles of Korea Air Force Academy, 225-244.
- Kim, B. O., Kang, S. K., & Lee, J. W.(2002). The relationship of height-length ratio of foot and resting calcaneal stance position. Journal of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, 26(5), 591-597.
- Kim, M. H., Park, S. B., & Lee, K. M.(1994). An evaluation of the metatarsal arch of foot by footprint test. Journal of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, 18(4), 742-748.
- Kim, Y. J., Ji, J. G., Kim, J. T., Hong, J. H., Lee, J. S., Lee, H. S., & Park, S. B.(2007). A comparison study for mask plantar pressure measures to the difference of shoes in 20 female. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 14(3), 83-98.
- Kim, K. S., Yi K. O., Won H., J., Park S. H., Lee S. M., Kwon B. Y., & Kim N. H.(2011). The effects of exercise on physical fitness and rear foot deformities in gifted youth athletes. Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, 25(4), 181-193.
- Kim, N. H.(2008). A comparative study between the lateral malleolar distance method and other measurement parameters. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Graduated School of Kyounggi University.
- Ko, E. H., Choi, H. S., Kim, T. H., Cynn, H. S., Kwon, O. Y., & Choi, K. H.(2008). The effect of high-healed shoes with total contact insert in the gait characteristics of young female adults during lower extremity muscle fatigue. Journal of the Korean Academy of University Trained Physical Therapists, 15(1), 38-45.
- Kwak, C. S., Jeon, M. J., & Kwon, O. B.(2006). The study on critical value of kinematical evaluation variables of lower extremity pronation in biomechanical evaluation of running shoes. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 16(4), 175-187. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2006.16.4.175
- Lee, H. J., Na, Y. M., & Lim, K. B.(2004). Biomechanical characteristics of lower extremities and pelvis in korean soccer players who complain of chronic low back pain. The Korean Journal of Sports Medicine, 22(1), 59-66.
- Lee, K. M., Chung, C. Y., Park, M. S., Lee, S. H., Cho, J. H., & Choi, I. H.(2010). Reliability and validity of radiographic measurements in hindfoot varus and valgus. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 92, 2319-2327. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.I.01150
- Lee, K. O.(2010). The Effect of Integrated Functional Physical Fitness Exercise with Aero Equipment on Physical Fitness for Golfers. Unpublished International Academic Symposium Presentation, Human Movement Science of Ewha Womans University.
- Lee, K. O., & Kwon, B. Y.(2006). The differences of plantar pressuhoes type during walking. Korean Society of Sport Biomechanics, the Collection Articles of International Academic Conference & Asian Sport Biomechanics the Inaugural Meeting, 189-195.
- Lee, S. W., Park, D. S., & Kim, S. R.(2007). The Effect of Resting Calcaneal Stance Position on Activation of Ankle Muscle. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 18(6), 1001-1007.
- Park, G. Y., & Lee, W. C.(2001). Prevalance of the Flatfoot and Its Relation with the Practice of Wearing Footwear of Primary School Children in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, 25(5), 867-876.
- Perry, J.(1992). Gait Analysis-Normal and Pathological Function. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Root, M. L, Orien, W. P, Weed, G. H., & Hughes, R. J.(1971). Biomechanical Examination of the Foot. Los Angeles, CA: Clincal Biomechanics Corp.
- Schamberger, W.(2006). The Malalignmant Syndrome. 1st Edition, Seoul: Elsevier Korea LLC, Korea.
- Song, J., Hillstorm, H. J., Second, D., & Levitt, J.(1996). Foot type biomechanics. comparison of planus and rectus foot types. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, 86(1), 16-23. https://doi.org/10.7547/87507315-86-1-16
- Sperryn, P. N.(1983). Reestan L. Podiatry and the sprots physician-an evaluation of orthoses. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 17, 129-134. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.17.4.129
- Steele, J. R.(2010). Functional footwear for frail feet: a forgotten market. Korean Society of Sport Biomechanics, International Sport Biomechanics Conference, 65-98.
- Valmassy, R. L.(1996). Clinical biomechanics of lower extremities. 1st edition. St. Louis: Mosby.
- Yi, K. O, & Kwon, B, Y, (2006, Spring). Difference in pressure Distribution According to shoe type during wailking, Proceedings of Spring Symposium of Korea Sports Biomechanics. Urbana: University of GunKok.
- Correlation between foot type and posture for the elderly vol.7, pp.Suppl 1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1186/1757-1146-7-S1-A89
- The Effects of Corrective Hip Joint Exercises and Foot Orthotics on RCSP, Ankle's Range of Motion, and Core Muscle Strength for Middle School Students with Pes Planus vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.4.401