- Volume 61 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the Turbine-Generator Governor Dynamic Characteristic Testing System
터빈-발전기 조속기의 동특성 시험시스템 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.05.01
- Accepted : 2012.09.11
- Published : 2012.10.01
The grid frequency is controlled cooperatively by the governor of the Turbine-Generator and the automatic generation controller(AGC) of the KPX(Korea Power Exchange). It is a basic requirement that the reliability of the governor is verified to enhance the power system stability but it is not easy to confirm the response characteristics of the governor because all generators are operated in the grid system that has the constant voltage and frequency. Therefore, it is necessary to study a new test method in order to examine the governor dynamic characteristic in the similar fault conditions. A study has shown that it is verified to simulate the turbine-generator power control system, the governor response characteristic under limited conditions and contribution of AGC with the gas turbine generator simulation model as well as demonstrate the dynamic response of the governor with the developed governor dynamic characteristic tester based on digital controller while the turbine-generator is connected to the grid system. This tester is constructed by the built-in functions of the turbine-generator main controller. In this treatise, the theoretical background, development method and the results of both simulations and demonstrations are described as another way to verify the turbine-generator governor dynamic characteristics.
Generator governor dynamic tester;Automatic generator controller;Power system stability
- Korea Power Exchange, "Analysis reports on the frequency decrease", 1-42p, 2003.4
- MathWorks "SimPowerSystems For Use with Simulink, User's Guide"
- PSS/E-29 "Program Operation Manual Volume II"
- Song. K.Y. "Power System Engineering" Dong-il, 1999
- Kunder, Prabha, "Power System Stability and Control", Mc Graw-Hill,191-197p,1994
- Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute "Incheon CCPP #1 Model Parameter Determination and Assesment of Voltage Control Loop on the Characteristic Testes of Generator/Excitation System" , 2006
- Hadi Saadat, "Power Control System" Second Edition, Mc Graw-Hill, 2002
- WILEY Normans NISE "Control System Engineering Forth Edition" 2005
- ALSTOM, "Procontrol P13/42 Control Function Description", 1-100p, 2004.1
- B.J. Kirby, J.Dyer, C.Martinez, Dr. Rahmat A. Shoureshi, R. Guttromson, J. Dagle, "Frequency Control Concerns In The North American Electric Power System", 1-32p, December, 2002.