- Volume 61 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Driver Design with Linear Feedback Function for the Optimum Power Consumption of LED BLU
LED BLU의 최적 소비전력을 위한 선형적 피드백 제어기능을 가지는 드라이버 설계
- Received : 2012.08.22
- Accepted : 2012.09.13
- Published : 2012.10.01
As demands for green industry increase, this paper proposes a power control technique that can substitute pre -existing CCFL(Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) and optimize power consumption of LED BLU. This technique is designing LED driver circuit that make a DC-DC output voltage(VLED) to have a linear control function for a supply voltage of LED string. The proposed LED driver have an advantage that can increase or decrease a DC-DC output voltage compared with conventional LED driver. The designed LED driver circuit was designed using 0.35um CMOS technology. And its operation was verified through simulation.
LED driver;LCD;BLU;Boost converter;LED string
- J. Y. Tsao, "Solid-state lighting: Lamps, chips, and materials for tomorrow," IEEE Circuits Devices Mag., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 28-37, May/Jun. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCD.2004.1304539
- T. Komine and M. Nakagawa, "Fundamental analysis for visible-light communication system using LED lights," IEEE Trans. Consum. Electron., vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 100-107, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1277847
- 마커스 루이돌트, "대형 LCD 디스플레이에서 LED 구동하기" 전자부품 2009년 10월호
- G. Carraro, "Solving high-voltage off-line HB-LED constant-current control-circuit issues," in Proc. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. (APEC), 2007, pp. 1316-1318.
- S. Y. Tseng, S. C. Lin, and H. C. Lin, "LED backlight power system with auto-tuning regulation voltage for LCD panels," in Proc. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. (APEC), pp. 551-557, Feb. 2008.
- Jae-Hyoun Park, Hyung-Do Yoon "A Switch-Mode Voltage Regulator Optimizes an Active Current Regulator for a LED Driver. ISOCC 2009 , pp. 516-519.
- C.-C. Chen, C.-Y. Wu, and T.-F. Wu, "LED Back-Light Driving System for LCD Panels", IEEE APEC 2006, pp.381-385, March. 19, 2006
- E.-C. Kang, J.-E. Yeon, D.-S. Kim and D. Kwon "Sequential low-voltage detecting method for multistring LED BLU circuit" ELECTRONICS LETTERS 10th June 2010 Vol. 46 No. 12, pp.839-840. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2010.3170
- Won-Sik Oh, Kyu-Min Cho, Daeyoun Cho, Gun-Woo Moon, Byungchoon Yang, and Taeseok Jang, "A Novel Adaptive Dimming Technique with X-Y Channels for LED Backlight System of LCD TVs", The 7th International Conference on Power Electronics, pp. 710-713, October 2007