- Volume 15 Issue 3
A Case Study of Soft-Skill Education
소프트스킬 함양교육 사례
- Park, Mi-Keung (Department of Computer Engineering, Youngsan University) ;
- Cho, Hyuk-Gyu (Department of Cybaer and Police Science, Youngsan University)
- Received : 2012.04.09
- Accepted : 2012.05.31
- Published : 2012.05.31
The skill that meets the intellectual and technical requirements in workplace is called hard skill. The counter part of it is 'softskills' which enhances an individual's interactions, job performance and career prospects. It becomes more necessary skill as society changes. In this paper we first show the demand for the softskill improvement education for engineering major students. Then we introduce a 'softskill improvement education' program developed by the "Center for innovative engineering education" in a University. The contents of the program are chosen by the needs of society, companies that hire our students, ABEEK educational objectives and consulting from professors. To improve the skills we used various activities as tools which are mentioned and introduced. The evaluation of the program results are discussed. We suggest some ways to improve the program.
Supported by : 영산대학교
- 산업체 수요조사, 영산대학교 공학교육혁신센터 2008.
- 유인상 (2010). 공학대학 교육에 대한 교수와 기업 담당자와의 인식차이 및 해소 방안 연구 - 경원대학을 중심으로 -, 공학교육연구, 13(6): 49-56.
- 이강 외(2008), "공학교육인증 KEC2005의 학습 성과 6,7,9,11, 12를 향상시키기 위한 단기 공학설계 교육 프로그램", 2008 공학교육학술 대회 및 한국공과대학장 협의회 토론회 발표자료집, 제주, 한국공과대학장 협의회, 한국공학교육학회.
- 핑크, 다니엘 (2007). 새로운 미래가 온다, 한경비피.
- 한국공학교육인증원의 KEC2005 인증기준 설명서 pp. 13-14.
- 황희영, 박미경(2009), 소프트스킬 교재(교수용, 학생용), 영산대학교 공학교육혁신센터.
- Coates, D. E. (2006) People Skills Training: Are you getting return on investment? Performance Support Systems, Retrieved 15 November 2011 from http://www.praxiscon sulting.org/PeopleSkills.pdf.
- Friedman, T. L. (2005) "The world is flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century" Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
- Kauffeld, S., Grote, S., & Frieling, E. (2003). Das Kasseler- Kompetenz-Raster (KKR). [The Kasseler-Competence- Pattern]. In J. Erpenbeck & L. v. Rosenstiel (Eds.), Handbuch Knowledge Economy, Proceedings of UNEVOC, Retrieved from http://www.umanitoba.ca/unevoc/2002conference/text/ papers/munby.pdf.
- Pulko S. H. & Parikh, S. (2003), Teaching 'Soft' Skills to Engineers, International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Oct 2003, pp. 1-7.
- Schulz, B., The Importance of Soft Skills: Education beyond academic knowledge NAWA Journal of Language and Communication, June 2008, pp. 146 -155.