- Volume 15 Issue 3
Clinical Comparative Analysis of Characteristics of Computer Programming Languages and their Development Environments for Basic Programming Education
기초적인 프로그래밍 교육을 위한 컴퓨터 언어의 특성 및 개발 환경의 임상적 비교 분석
- Kang, Dae-Ki (Division of Computer & Information Engineering, Dongseo University)
- 강대기 (동서대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부)
- Received : 2012.04.09
- Accepted : 2012.05.10
- Published : 2012.05.31
In this paper, we try to explore basic factors that defines easy-to-learn programming language and easy-to-learn development environments for novice students who have not been exposed to computer programming language education. For these purpose, we investigate and analyze computer programming languages that are widely used in industrial environments, and present the summary and analyzed results. From the experimental results, most novice programmers understand computer programming languages in terms of procedural programming languages rather than in terms of functional programming languages or object oriented programming languages. Furthermore, we have found that, for effective education of basic level programming languages, factors of development environments are much more important than factors of programming paradigms that the computer programming languages are based on.
Supported by : 동서대학교
- Backus, J. W.; H. Stern, I. Ziller, R. A. Hughes, R. Nutt, R. J. Beeber, S. Best, R. Goldberg, L. M. Haibt, H. L. Herrick, R. A. Nelson, D. Sayre, P. B. Sheridan (1957). "The FORTRAN Automatic Coding System". Western joint computer conference: Techniques for reliability (Los Angeles, California: Institute of Radio Engineers, American Institute of Electrical Engineers, ACM): 188-198. doi:10.1145/1455567.1455599.
- Backus, J. W.; Bauer, F. L.; Green, J.; Katz, C.; McCarthy, J.; Perlis, A. J.; Rutishauser, H.; Samelson, K. et al. (May 1960). Naur, Peter. ed. Report on the Algorithmic Language ALGOL 60.
- Goldberg, A. (1983). Smalltalk-80: The Interactive Programming Environment. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0201113724.
- Ingalls, D.; Kaehler, T.; Maloney, J.; Wallace, S.; Kay, A. (1997). "Back to the Future: the story of Squeak, a practical Smalltalk written in itself". ACM Digital Library.
- Kiczales, G.; Lamping, J; Mendhekar, A.; Maeda, C.; Lopes, C.; Loingtier, J.-M.; Irwin J. (1997). "Aspect- Oriented Programming". Proceedings of the European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, vol.1241. pp. 220-242.
- McCarthy, J.; Brayton, R.; Edwards, D.; Fox, P.; Hodes, L.; Luckham, D.; Maling, K.; Park, D. et al. (March 1960). LISP I Programmers Manual. Boston, Massachusetts: Artificial Intelligence Group, M.I.T. Computation Center and Research Laboratory Accessed May 11, 2010.
- Richards, Mike (2008). "Why the iPhone makes 2008 seem like 1968 all over again". Open2.
- Rubin, F. (1987). "'GOTO Considered Harmful' Considered Harmful". Communications of the ACM 30 (3): 195-196. doi:10.1145/214748.315722. https://doi.org/10.1145/214748.315722
- Sammet, J. (1978). "The Early History of COBOL". ACM SIGPLAN Notices (Association for Computing Machinery, Inc.) 13(8): 121-161. https://doi.org/10.1145/960118.808378
- Sammet, J.E. (1996). "From HOPL to HOPL-II (1978-1993): 15 years of programming language development". History of programming languages--II. New York: ACM. pp. 18.
- Sklenar, J., Introduction to OOP in Simula - based on the 1997 seminar "30 Years of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)"
- Sipser, M (1996). Introduction to the Theory of Computation, PWS Pub. Co.; 1 edition.