- Volume 49 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
CONVERGENCE OF MULTISPLITTING METHODS WITH PREWEIGHTING FOR AN H-MATRIX
- Han, Yu-Du (Department of Mathematics College of Natural Sciences Chungbuk National University) ;
- Yun, Jae-Heon (Department of Mathematics College of Natural Sciences Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2011.05.19
- Published : 2012.09.30
In this paper, we study convergence of multisplitting methods with preweighting for solving a linear system whose coefficient matrix is an H-matrix corresponding to both the AOR multisplitting and the SSOR multisplitting. Numerical results are also provided to confirm theoretical results for the convergence of multisplitting methods with preweighting.
- A. Berman and R. J. Plemmons, Nonnegative Matrices in the Mathematical Sciences, Academic Press, New York, 1979.
- Z. H. Cao and Z. Y. Liu, Convergence of relaxed parallel multisplitting methods with different weighting schemes, Appl. Math. Comp. 106 (1999), no. 2-3, 181-196. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0096-3003(98)10120-0
- A. Frommer and G. Mayer, Convergence of relaxed parallel multisplitting methods, Linear Algebra Appl. 119 (1989), 141-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3795(89)90074-8
- A. Frommer and G. Mayer, On the theory and practice of multisplitting methods in parallel computation, Computing 49 (1992), no. 1, 63-74. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02238650
- M. Neumann and R. J. Plemmons, Convergence of parallel multisplitting iterative methods for M-matrices, Linear Algebra Appl. 88/89 (1987), 559-573.
- D. P. O'Leary and R. E.White, Multisplittings of matrices and parallel solution of linear systems, SIAM J. Algebraic Discrete Methods 6 (1985), no. 4, 630-640. https://doi.org/10.1137/0606062
- D. B. Szyld and M. T. Jones, Two-stage and multisplitting methods for the parallel solution of linear systems, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 13 (1992), no. 2, 671-679. https://doi.org/10.1137/0613042
- R. S. Varga, Matrix Iterative Analysis, Springer, Berlin, 2000.
- C. L. Wang and J. H. Zhao, Further results on regular splittings and multisplittings, Int. J. Comput. Math. 82 (2005), no. 4, 421-431. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207160412331296607
- R. E. White, Multisplitting with different weighting schemes, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 10 (1989), no. 4, 481-493. https://doi.org/10.1137/0610034
- R. E. White, Multisplitting of a symmetric positive definite matrix, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 11 (1990), no. 1, 69-82. https://doi.org/10.1137/0611004
- J. H. Yun, Performance of ILU factorization preconditioners based on multisplittings, Numer. Math. 95 (2003), 761-779. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00211-003-0453-1