- Volume 49 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
HOMOGENEOUS SUBMERSIONS OF 3-DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRIES
- Lee, Kyung-Bai (Department of Mathematics University of Oklahoma) ;
- Park, Joon-Sang (Department of Mathematics Dongguk University)
- Received : 2011.08.16
- Published : 2012.09.30
We study the geometry of the images of 1-dimensional homogeneous submersions for each of the model spaces X of the eight 3-dimensional geometries. In particular, We shall calculate the group of isometries and the curvatures of the base surfaces for each of the model spaces of 3-dimensional geometries, with respect to every closed subgroup of the isometries of X acting freely.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- D. Gromoll and K. Grove, One-dimensional metric foliations in constant curvature spaces, Differential geometry and complex analysis, 165-168, Springer, Berlin, 1985.
- S. Helgason, Differential Geometry, Lie groups, and Symmetric Spaces, Academic Press, 1978.
- B. O'Neill, The fundamental equations of a submersion, Michigan Math. J. 13 (1966), 445-457. https://doi.org/10.1307/mmj/1028999602
- J. Ratcliffe, Foundations of Hyperbolic Manifolds, Springer, 2006.
- P. Scott, The geometries of 3-manifolds, Bull. London Math. Soc. 15 (1983), no. 5, 401-487. https://doi.org/10.1112/blms/15.5.401