- Volume 21 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Effect of Meteorological Factors related to Difference of Ozone Concentration at the Neighboring Areas in Gijang Busan
인접지역간 오존 농도 차이에 대한 기상요소의 영향분석(부산광역시 기장군을 대상으로)
Kim, Min-Kyoung;Lee, Hwa-Woon;Jung, Woo-Sik;Do, Woo-Gon
- Received : 2012.05.03
- Accepted : 2012.08.31
- Published : 2012.09.30
Ozone is the secondary photochemical pollutant formed from ozone precursor such as nitrogen dioxide and non-methane volatile organic compounds(VOCs). The ambient concentration of ozone depends on several factors: sunshine intensity, atmospheric convection, the height of the thermal inversion layer, concentrations of nitrogen oxides and VOCs. Busan is located in the southeast coastal area of Korea so the ozone concentration of Busan is mainly affected from the meteorological variables related to the sea such as sea breeze. In this study the ozone concentrations of Busan in 2008~2010 were used to analyse the cause of the regional ozone difference in eastern area of Busan. The average ozone concentration of Youngsuri was highest in Busan however the average ozone concentration of Gijang was equal to the average ozone concentration of Busan in 2008~2010. The two sites are located in eastern area of Busan but the distance of two sites is only 9km. To find the reason for the difference of ozone concentration between Youngsuri and Gijang, the meteorological variables in two sites were analyzed. For the analysis of meteorological variables the atmospheric numerical model WRF(Weather Research and Forecasting) was used at the day of the maximum and minimum difference in the ozone concentration at the two sites. As a result of analysis, when the boundary layer height was lower and the sea breeze was weaker in Youngsuri, the ozone concentration of Youngsuri was high. Furthermore when the sea breeze blew from the south in the eastern area of Busan, the sea breeze at Youngsuri turned into the southeast and the intensity of sea breeze was weaker because of the mountain in the southern region of Youngsuri. In that case, the difference of ozone concentration between Youngsuri and Gijang was considerable.
Ozone;Meteorological variable;Boundary layer height;Sea breeze;WRF
- 국립환경과학원, 2008, 대기오염물질 배출량 2007.
- 김유근, 이화운, 전병일, 홍정혜, 1996, 부산 연안역의 오존 농도에 미치는 해풍의 영향, 한국환경과학회지, 5(3), 265-275.
- 부산광역시보건환경연구원, 2009, 부산광역시보건환경연구원보 조사보고서 제18-2/2008년.
- 오인보, 김유근, 황미경, 2004, 연안도시지역 해풍지연이 오존분포에 미치는 영향, 한국대기환경학회지, 20(3), 345-360.
- 이화운, 김유근, 정우식, 2000, 복잡한 연안지역에서 해풍시작시 지형의 영향에 대한 수치모의, 한국기상학회지, 36(5), 561-572.
- 이화운, 이현미, 이순환, 최현정, 2010, 라그랑지안 입자 확산모델을 이용한 광양만 권역에서의 공기괴 재순환 현상의 수치모의, 한국환경과학회, 19(2), 157-170.
- 전원배, 이화운, 이순환, 최현정, 임헌호, 2009, 상세 해수면 온도자료의 반영에 따른 국지 기상장 개선에 관한 수치연구, 한국대기환경학회지, 25(4), 304-315.
- 전병일, 김유근, 이화운, 황수진, 1996, 해풍 효과에 의한 저층대기구조 변화의 측정, 한국환경과학회지, 5(4), 441-451.
- 정우식, 이화운, 2000, 연안복잡지역에서 해풍시작에 대한 지형의 영향, 한국기상학회지, 36(2), 245-256.
- 정장표, 유숙진, 2010, 휘발성유기화합물질과 질소산화물의 오존생성 기여도 평가에 관한 연구, 대한환경공학회지, 32(2), 209-218.
- 환경부, 2011, 대기환경연보(2010).
- Arsic, M., Nikolic, D., Djordjevic, P., Mihajlovic, I., Zivkovic, Z., 2011, Episodes of extremely high concentrations of tropospheric ozone in the urban environment in Bor-Serbia, Atmospheric Environment, 45, 5716-5724. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2011.07.024
- Carvalho, A., Monteiro, A., Ribeiro, I., Tchepel, O., Miranda, A.I., Borrego, C., Saavedra, S., Souto, J.A., Casares, J.J., 2010, High ozone levels in the northeast of Portugal: Analysis and characterization, Atmospheric Environment, 44, 1020-1031. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2009.12.020
- Ding, A., Wang, T., Zhao, M., Wang, T., Li, Z., 2004, Simulation of sea-land breezes and a discussion of their implications on the transports of air pollution during a multi-day ozone episode in the Pearl River Delta of China, Atmospheric Environment, 38, 6737-6750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2004.09.017
- Evtyugina, M. G., Pio, C., Nunes, T., Pinho, P. G., Costa, C. S., 2007, Photochemical ozone formation at Portugal West Coast under sea breeze conditions as assessed by master chemical mechanism model, Atmospheric Environment, 41, 2171-2182. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2006.10.059
- Lee, S. H., Sung, K. H., Lee, H. W., 2008, Impact of regional trans-boundary ozone associated with complex terrain on urban air quality, Atmospheric Environment, 42, 7384-7396. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.06.027
- Ma, Y., Lyons, T. J., 2003, Recirculation of coastal urban air pollution under a synoptic scale thermal through in Perth, Western Australia, Atmospheric Environment, 37, 443-454. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(02)00926-3
- Zabkar, R., Rakovec, J., Koracin, D., 2011, The Roles of regional accumulation and advection of ozone during high ozone episodes in Slovenia: A WRF/ Chem modelling study, Atmospheric Environment, 45, 1192-1202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.08.021
- Transportation Route in Gimhae Region Using the HYSPLIT Model vol.22, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.8.1043